Benchmark Software?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

I always see players posting graphs of their video benchmarks, I would like to know what software is good for benchmarks to compare an older Gigabyte HD 7770oc 1G CARD vs a new RX560 4g card. thanks

tried Heaven benchmark old card with displayport cable
Posted Image

new card with hdmi (new displayport cable arrives tomorrow) to enable freesync
Posted Image

Edited by Gorantir, 30 March 2018 - 09:36 AM.

#2 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:40 AM

FRAPs can make benchmarks, but is outdated.
AFIAK both nVidea and AMD have tools in their download section for recording, benchmarking and tuning.
But MWO is basically from 2012 and is more CPU than GPU bound, so almost any new GPU should be able to run it in Full HD with 30 - 60 fps...
And if you want to go above Full HD Resolution or want always 60 fps a RX560 isn't powerfull enough.
In that case buy at least one class above the RX560 -> RX 570 / 580, 1060... or even a 1070.

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:45 AM

my monitor is a 27 inch freesync max 1920x1080 i dont know yet how to benchmark in game and my system is an older AM3 MB with an FX8350 cpu.

#4 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

you should be able to make good picture graphs, from logging data from either MSI Afterburner, FRAPS or HWinfo 32/64 ... with either method you'll probably be importing the relevant data into a spreadsheet app, like google online docs, and doing some magic in there ....

if you want to do more general system benchmarking, I'd recommend 'userbenchmark', from http://www.userbenchmark.com/downloads, its small, free, relatively fast, and does comparisons with people running the same hardware .... its useful to know if everyone else is getting massively bigger numbers than yourself to work out if your near where you should be ....

Edited by NARC BAIT, 30 March 2018 - 10:37 AM.

#5 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

AMD has as tool https://gaming.radeo...enalin/overlay/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users