Wot Overhauled Their Terrain, Very Nice.

8 replies to this topic

#1 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

This gives a nice look at the new terrain for World of Tanks.

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Looks nice.

How much FPS before/after?

#3 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Better fps as the engine is far more optimized. Even low end pc are getting better performance on it.

Hopefully if mw5 is a hit they can move a bit of the money they took from mwo back and do a similar upgrade for this game.

#4 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

Meh.... still lipstick on a pig. If you think MWO's balance is bad, WoT's even worse plus they get broken mechanics like premium ammo.

#5 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

Wot's balance is fine. Rng can be a pain but manageable since its the same for everyone. The real issue with the game is the brain dead zombie play4funz ultra casual dribble off the court and shoot for the dumpster playerbase. Mwo's playerbase is AAA E-Sports certified in comparison.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

View Post120mm, on 08 April 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Wot's balance is fine. Rng can be a pain but manageable since its the same for everyone. The real issue with the game is the brain dead zombie play4funz ultra casual dribble off the court and shoot for the dumpster playerbase. Mwo's playerbase is AAA E-Sports certified in comparison.

guess why it has so much playes, needs 0 brainz and is tank puw puw.

and it's now on mobile so the even more derpy derplings can play it.

Edited by Lily from animove, 11 April 2018 - 11:43 AM.

#7 A_Lost_Sheep

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:24 AM

I used to play WoT and was always amazed there's one person on the enemy team able to slaughter the whole clueless friendly team at once. Some of the game mechanics just don't make sense.

I enjoyed War Thunder much more in part for the nifty subsystem and crew based damage model.

I wish I tried MWO sooner, it's been a blast being an utter incompetent lost lamb so far.

Edited by LostSheepOfDelhi, 18 April 2018 - 05:24 AM.

#8 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

DId they fix the problem with games getting stuck on loading screen and game hanging after patch?

I tried it when it came out, I'm not playing a game I have to task manager kill 2x before the match loads successfully.

On a CLEAN install with no mods, SSD. Lipstick on a pig, indeed.

Btw! New soviet premium tanks in store now! BUY MOAR!
Next month, meet our newest Soviet medium premium tank! BUY MOAR AGAIN!

People wanna bash PGI for their pricing of stuff, but ~$35 to $50 gets you a premium tank/garage slot. Nothing else, those cost more. here for $35 you can get 3 mechs/slots and the Premium hero. as well as the premium time, and all the little gubbins that come with it.

PS. I played it for 6 years, carried Premium time for well over 3/4 of that and "own" over 200 tanks, with more bought premiums than I care to admit...

#9 JRcam4643

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostDFM, on 18 April 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

DId they fix the problem with games getting stuck on loading screen and game hanging after patch?

I tried it when it came out, I'm not playing a game I have to task manager kill 2x before the match loads successfully.

On a CLEAN install with no mods, SSD. Lipstick on a pig, indeed.

Btw! New soviet premium tanks in store now! BUY MOAR!
Next month, meet our newest Soviet medium premium tank! BUY MOAR AGAIN!

People wanna bash PGI for their pricing of stuff, but ~$35 to $50 gets you a premium tank/garage slot. Nothing else, those cost more. here for $35 you can get 3 mechs/slots and the Premium hero. as well as the premium time, and all the little gubbins that come with it.

PS. I played it for 6 years, carried Premium time for well over 3/4 of that and "own" over 200 tanks, with more bought premiums than I care to admit...

I've not had any load time issues nor heard of any since I got back on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users