Thank You Lug

12 replies to this topic

#1 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

I have been enjoying FP but wins are hard won. I dropped on Emerald Taiga in a Siege game against IS troops. Like Unto God aka LUG helped me to achieve the highest match score I have achieved in FP. Needless to say we won the enemy were beat on my third wave Orion llC Sköl armed with CUAC-5, 2 ERLLs,2 ERMLs, and an LRM-15 that serves as a gate crasher/ mobile support weapon.

As the title reads thank you LUG.

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 02 April 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

I have been enjoying FP but wins are hard won. I dropped on Emerald Taiga in a Siege game against IS troops. Like Unto God aka LUG helped me to achieve the highest match score I have achieved in FP. Needless to say we won the enemy were beat on my third wave Orion llC Sköl armed with CUAC-5, 2 ERLLs,2 ERMLs, and an LRM-15 that serves as a gate crasher/ mobile support weapon.

As the title reads thank you LUG.

LRM-15
LRM-15
LRM-15
LRM-15
Posted Image

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

View PostGrus, on 03 April 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

LRM-15
LRM-15
LRM-15
LRM-15
Posted Image

LOL Too much!?!?!?

#4 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 03 April 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

LOL Too much!?!?!?

heh, ill say this, drop the lurms, see about going to a uac10 and add a few HS

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

View PostGrus, on 03 April 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

heh, ill say this, drop the lurms, see about going to a uac10 and add a few HS

I understand but I would miss the LRM-15's gate crasher/ mobile support features. What do you use to blow turrets and gens from a distance?

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

WOW, SPARE PARTS BIN! I did not get a chance to talk to you much but I was very impressed. I'll take a look but I do not think I recorded it which is a shame.

In the mornings/afternoon etc I try to play faction warfare if anyone wants to join. (I wish they had a "friends" chat)

We take them as they come. Sometimes we come against teams that are there to feast on us and at times, a true PUG match.

I also been with some good teams and have picked up a few things. When I first started the only faction game was Siege. And you made a couple of decks, often one for attack and one for defending.

With the new games added to Invasion, the more mechs in more decks due to the terrain and game has been an eye-opener. It is the stuff I always wanted to do and Duh, people are doing it.

I'd say the serious people use 20-30 different Mechs according to the situation. I know of one team that has "conquest mechs", a lot of linebackers etc with most or all having the extra capture pluses. (the Linebackers just went on sale and I bought two per account). Now I could not have done this for over a year but I know how that too much mechs problem.

But making mechs just for one purpose in a certain kind faction match on a certain has brought new life to many of them.

I myself tonight made that I hope is a better incursion deck. You only get about 60 seconds to make your chances so I have renamed some of my mech by what they carry and their role.

Siege is still the hardest one. You have to learn the "conga line" and how to move fast and where to go. I was semi-watching/listening to JUJU this morning (I try not to search for a drop until he has one). And I remembered something today.

I heard him laugh at a guy on our team who did not know that to shoot the generators, you have to shoot the small window/opening facing the gun. The semi-crazy thing for me is that I did not know this myself until I had done 100's and 100's of sieges.

And it was JUJU who told me that right thing to do.

And as far as LRMs. Everyone hates them and say they are lame and then you hit a Faction Match light today where each of their drops had a stealth narc Raven And a lot of LRMs and ER LLs.

Another thing I saw today was a team with a lot of Stalkers and other assaults that had an unusual amount of AMS. It turns out they were also LRMing and firing long range.

In Sieges, they are mostly used on a few maps on defense. But I've seen good teams use them on attack also. Go for bigger Launchers, since you might not get the chance to use much ammo.

But it is planning that makes it work. You really need more than one LRMer and maybe someone to cover them.

Anyway, I'm tired, I'll see you again!

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

Grrr, I'm tired. Last two things.

We PUGs can use the StranaMechty TS PS is StranaMechty.

While in a TS chat room you can link this map that everyone can draw on to come up with a plan of action.

https://maps.mrbclea...aw.html?room=PL

#8 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 03 April 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

I understand but I would miss the LRM-15's gate crasher/ mobile support features. What do you use to blow turrets and gens from a distance?

ERLL/PPC/ERML try not to use anything with ammo and save it for the mechs. Their are plenty of spots to go to fire on the gates without taking any damage or taking minimal return fire.

#9 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

just threw this together but i dont like the layout of that mech personaly..

https://mwo.smurfy-n...8c80e46a3a05bcc

or if you want some missles..

https://mwo.smurfy-n...c3b1afb8c6684bf

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Please don't bring LRMs to FP. Unless they are part of a deliberate whole-of-team strategy, LRMs are a millstone around the neck of your team.

Also, stop thinking that it's ok to be a 'support' Mech. Teams don't want 'support' Mechs. In a 12v12, everyone needs to be a frontline Mech sharing their armor and firepower equally.

The above comments are designed to help you be more successful in FP.

#11 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostAppogee, on 05 April 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Please don't bring LRMs to FP. Unless they are part of a deliberate whole-of-team strategy, LRMs are a millstone around the neck of your team.

Also, stop thinking that it's ok to be a 'support' Mech. Teams don't want 'support' Mechs. In a 12v12, everyone needs to be a frontline Mech sharing their armor and firepower equally.

The above comments are designed to help you be more successful in FP.

I tried bringing 4 Brawlers, now they are looking more like mixed builds to compensate for the new maps and missions.

#12 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:28 AM

Someone makes a post and you attack his builds?

Come on man....

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 12 April 2018 - 03:28 AM, said:

Someone makes a post and you attack his builds?

Come on man....

I believe we have the right to our own beliefs. The build I cherish and crow about may be a boat anchor for you. All is well. I regularly try new builds. No one person has the whole game 100%. What we see are facets of a diamond, each person sees something else. That is why this forum is useful.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 13 April 2018 - 06:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users