126 replies to this topic

#41 Arguss10

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationPerth , Western Australia

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:02 AM

I for 1 am estatic to have the server in Perth being a perthite. As a backer my main concern was the ping affecting game play on the NA servers. I was told it wasn’t going to be a real concern so I backed the game right away and loved the game even at 290 +ping. Then getting told there was going to be a Oceanic server and getting pings at around 90-150 pings on the singapore server made this game even better , but I did notice eastern states and nz players still around the 280 ping range and thought there had to be a better medium for all us Down Under players. If we all end up under the 200 ping across us all players here , I think it’s going to be a good experience for all and I for 1 would like to thank you PGI for making it possible. Good fun for all I hope.

#42 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

Connecting from South Korea I had 70 ping with singapore, 450 with the previous one, and now about 350 with Perth. In one of the games over half the players dropped on both sides, very weird.

#43 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

From Northern CA:

NA--85
EU--170
AUS--203

#44 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

From Indonesia

To Singapore : 30 - 50ms
To Sydney : 220 - 270ms
To Perth : 150ms (based on test ping)

Well, its better then.

#45 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

May your match score be greater than your ping....

#46 Grinster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

View PostJungle Rhino, on 06 April 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

80-90 ping from NZ - I'm happy!!

Previously I would play NA servers as they were better than Oceanic. Just getting used to all the Australians now!! Fortunately they are pretty easy targets for banter right now thanks to their cricket team Posted Image

Fair cop ;)

#47 BrandeX

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:56 AM

Holy S*** put the server back or add another one. I read you said that you don't want to. I went from a 150ms ping from GZ, to Oceanic in SG, to 350ms ping to it in Perth. It's only 250ms from here to the EU server ffs. Just deal with it, spend a few more bucks and add another one in HK.

#48 Colonel Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

My ping jumped from 60 to 280. As a founder whos played non stop since the beginning I am not amused. Screw this. Im out

JAIME

-Philippines

Edited by Colonel Jaime Wolf, 14 April 2018 - 03:36 AM.

#49 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:45 AM

While I'm happy with SG (3ms) or Perth (115ms), I wasn't happy with Sydney (380ms). But now that I've turned back on Oceanic, I see most of the time 25-50% of the players having 350-400ms. I can only guess they are from EU, NA and north Asia.

I really don't think having a server in AU benefits the overall community. Sad to say, Australia's international links aren't good enough. Call the server whatever you want, but PGI needs to think hard about first and foremost WHY they want a 3rd server, then and only then decide WHERE.

#50 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 04 April 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Results sent in, a steady 500ms Posted Image

Is that North Korean ping?

#51 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostStonefalcon, on 16 April 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Might be South Africa as thats what i get.

Since the latest server change my ping to Oceanic has been 450-500ms. This makes for an extremely unpleasant experience for both myself and the person im playing against.

Now this hasn't been an issue until Solaris. In Solo quick play i can completely avoid Oceanic (in the past i got good latency so i was able to play) but in Solaris i do get dumped into oceanic from time to time and as soon as that happens during Oceanic prime time I have to log off and play something else.

It sucks but I doubt there is a big enough playerbase in SA to justify doing anything about it like giving the ability to completely avoid the server in Solaris. If the new server location is the better option overall and is made permanent let us know so i wont plan on playing during that TZ prime time.

View PostStonefalcon, on 16 April 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Might be South Africa as thats what i get.

Since the latest server change my ping to Oceanic has been 450-500ms. This makes for an extremely unpleasant experience for both myself and the person im playing against.

Now this hasn't been an issue until Solaris. In Solo quick play i can completely avoid Oceanic (in the past i got good latency so i was able to play) but in Solaris i do get dumped into oceanic from time to time and as soon as that happens during Oceanic prime time I have to log off and play something else.

It sucks but I doubt there is a big enough playerbase in SA to justify doing anything about it like giving the ability to completely avoid the server in Solaris. If the new server location is the better option overall and is made permanent let us know so i wont plan on playing during that TZ prime time.

#52 phfor

Rookie

• The Medieval
  • The Medieval
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

Have to say, definitely loving the changes playing from NZ. Gone from a 350-400ms ping, to a glorious 25ms ping when you tried Sydney, and now sitting at a nice, fine 110ms to where it is now.

Certainly beats having to queue on NA for 250ms or EU for 300ms.

#53 Pious Korren

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:25 AM

Anyone got high ping today? I'm got 411 to 416 ms. Usually only 86 to 110 ms.

Playing from SEA region Posted Image

Update: Tracert and ping test to new IP address. I got pings around 421 to 452 ms. It getting worse. lol

Edited by Pious Korren, 10 May 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#54 thraadash

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

Hi,
Player from Singapore here.

Originally, when the server moved to PERTH, I had a decent, stable ping of 80ms.

Lately, as in the last 1-2 weeks, I have been getting unstable pings of 200-330ms.

May I ask the reason to the sudden increase in lag? Has there been a reroute we've not been told about? Or has the server been quietly shifted back to Sydney?

#55 TheAtomiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Can't find a match in the group queue on the Oceanic server. Might be time to rethink the separation of the PUG/group queue for Oceania if you want to get a playerbase going.

#56 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

View Postthraadash, on 10 May 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hi,
Player from Singapore here.

Originally, when the server moved to PERTH, I had a decent, stable ping of 80ms.

Lately, as in the last 1-2 weeks, I have been getting unstable pings of 200-330ms.

May I ask the reason to the sudden increase in lag? Has there been a reroute we've not been told about? Or has the server been quietly shifted back to Sydney?

Same here. 300 ping lolwut?

Edit: Actually I don't mind a 300 ping that much because its the same for me to Eu servers. Problem is the packet loss and that makes me tp all over the place.

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 13 May 2018 - 08:11 PM.

#57 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

https://www.itnews.c...wn-again-490773

There we go :)

#58 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

View Postlive1991, on 12 May 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

No wonder my ping went from 115 to 380 :(

#59 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:14 AM

But what happens if the SeaMeWe-3 cable gets wrecked again?

That cable seems like it is made out of shark bait and attracts boat anchors. If it happens then SEA players are going to have a worse play experience while it's being repaired. If it's broken for a long time we will look into alternative options. The good news is that the Australia Singapore Cable submarine fiber cable is coming online in a few months which should reduce the risks of this scenario causing issues.

I hate it when my posts become prophecy...

#60 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

I do not know if this has been mentioned in the forum but there are plans to lay a new underwater fiber cable from Norfolk VA to Cape Town, South Africa. It should help with North America's east coast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users