Oceanic Server Connection Discussion - Perth Edition

126 replies to this topic

#61 EternianWraith

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Bring back Sydney !! Perth sux, sydney is the best, and oceanic is mostly on the east coast! Cheers for an aussie server, but you know sydney was better :)

#62 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

Update from Vocus, operator of the SeaMeWe3 cable:

1/06/2018 11:37 AEST

Please be advised that SMW3 repair work has been completed. Link has now restored and back in production.

All Ethernet and transit traffic, in and out of Singapore, has now been restored on to the direct path.

Looks like they got it fixed quickly this time.

#63 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

I stopped playing because of 2 things:
- Small population that result in long matchmaking, and couldn't even find matches
- ping no lower than 270 ms

This server relocation just killed the game for me.

#64 Marijoan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Well, this would explain why my ping is 6 ms... please never change it Posted Image

I only queue on Oceanic though as I've found it difficult being the only one with the 300+ ms ping on NA and EU servers. Wait times aren't awful.

#65 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

So... is the Oceanic connection borked YET AGAIN?

#66 Jose Canto

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Where has the Oceanic server gone? I can't even select it as an option now - Did I miss something?

#67 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

Its been gone all day, not sure whats happening

#68 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:42 AM

What's going on with the Oceanic server? I pinged 192.99.109.129 and it gave me avg 254ms consistently, yet in the MWO mechbay it shows 450ms and in-game between 450-500ms ping??

All this when my NA/EU pings and in-game pings are in sync at 240ms/240ms and 270ms/270ms respectively?

What explains the big gap between ping and in-game of 200-250ms for Oceanic, and no gap in pings for NA/EU?

#69 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:58 AM

370-380 ms ping from Singapore to the Oceanic server.

And you wonder why you're losing players?

#70 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

View Postarcana75, on 23 July 2018 - 05:42 AM, said:

What's going on with the Oceanic server? I pinged 192.99.109.129 and it gave me avg 254ms consistently, yet in the MWO mechbay it shows 450ms and in-game between 450-500ms ping??

All this when my NA/EU pings and in-game pings are in sync at 240ms/240ms and 270ms/270ms respectively?

What explains the big gap between ping and in-game of 200-250ms for Oceanic, and no gap in pings for NA/EU?

When you ping, you use the ISP of the computer you are pinging.

In game your using PGI's suxxy ISP OVH or sumthing

#71 Colonel Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:01 AM

Founder here. Stopped playing when SEA server or whatever I was playing at back then jumped from 60 to 300 ping. I remember when there was just one server and people who would accidentally come into our server make some derogatory remarks at how our server sucks and then DC. Wow first world problems.

Too bad the ping sucks for asia. It was fun while it lasted. Played nonstop from beta till the ping in asia sucked. See you whenever folks.

View PostRashkae, on 11 August 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

370-380 ms ping from Singapore to the Oceanic server.

And you wonder why you're losing players?

Yeah there was a lot of Indonesian guys we used to play with a few months ago before S7

#72 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:54 PM

#73 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

Atm i play with Oceanic On from Europe - a ~370 Ping is playable so far.

#74 0verClock

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:41 AM

whoa, im just coming back to MWO after playing battletech for some times and my ping to oceanic is 400ms++?? Posted Image
it used to be under 50ms while server in singapore, well i guess goodbye MWO. Just for the record, i play this game since first week it went gold 4-5 years ago.

#75 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

Ping from Sydney Australia has been 430 plus last 2 days, NA is 220 ish.

#76 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

I more or less quit playing because of this change. I want from a couple of hundred matches a month to struggling to play ten to stay on the leaderboard/Jarl's List to finally not bothering.

Having my best server turn into my worst server was a massive blow to moral and then being followed by Solaris release with it's forced random server selection added real injury to the insult.

Ironically Planetside 2, the game that I left to make MWO my main game years ago because of it only having West Coast and AUS servers recently opened a new server in Tokyo and my connection to it is much better than to any of MWO's current servers. So I'm back to playing that as my main shooter.

#77 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:59 AM

Being in the Philippines, I got a 80-120 to Singapore, now with it being in Perth it routes to Sydney for some reason, before going to the West Coast, with a ping now of 330-360. Originally from Australia and my unit being Oceanic, I am now a man without a unit as I can't play with an NA unit as it's is out of my timezone. I have to play exclusively on the NA server to get a decent ping of 220-260.

Edited by PocketAces, 26 November 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#78 Stowven Quek

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:16 AM

Same case as pocketaces. Based in the Philippines. Had a ping of 60-90 before and now its 300 and up. Tried to play again yesterday to see if ping improved and to take advantage of the black friday sale. Sadly, nothing's changed. Hope they bring it back to singapore. Wont be playing much since theres no point with this much of a lag.

#79 Jochi Kondur

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

An update on the Oceanic server ping situation from an Oceanic unit - almost none of us select it for quick play because of worst ping vs NA plus we get quicker matches on NA. Hell, some of us get better ping to the EU servers vs Oceanic. If PGI isn't going to relocate the Sydney based Oceanic server to a better location based in South Asia (e.g. Singapore) or North Asia (e.g. Tokyo) for the benefit of all players in the WHOLE OF ASIA and AUSTRALASIA, then please really consider renaming the current Oceanic server to the ANZAC server or OCEANIA server because no one in Asia gets decent ping to it. Thanks!

Posted Image

#80 Hydrans

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:55 AM

I have just come back to MWOnline, brought the FOunders Edition and played about 10 games and then quit due to lag. Really glad to see that so many players are online now. I am based in Sydney and using Vodafone NBN as my ISP, if you are in Australia you will be aware that they are new to the NBN, so I have to give them a chance. My question to everyone is why am I getting a 400+MS to Australia, 350MS to the US and 280MS to EU Servers. This thread talks about servers in Sydney, how do I connect to them please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users