Please Investigate Speed Hacks

12 replies to this topic

#1 7VWIuV

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Yesterday I saw a medium mech running faster than I ever saw any lights running. It was just a glance at the central part of the mining collective so I couldn't see anything more than the icon. Today while playing conquest on HPG manifold we got to Theta on a medium lance only to be greeted by a Highlander a couple seconds later. Our assalts were barely beyond the wall when this happened. Last match I played was in Crimson Strait in Assaul mode. I was chasing a Linebacker around the base area close to the saddle and he run away on the tunnel direction. I decided to go around to catch him only to find a minute later he was already at the isle on the other side of the map. I know Linebackers are fast, but not that fast.
This may all be just paranoia from my part but it seems pretty strange and I think it does require some investigation. I did not report any of those players because except for the first case I didn't saw they running, just getting really fast to places. Did anyone else saw strange stuff like that recently?

Edited by 7VWIuV, 06 April 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Could use some videos so we can get timestamps of where people are and when then try to move to those locations ourselves in that time.

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

There are several medium that are as fast as typical lights, and can actually keep up with the faster ones, both with and without MASC. There is nothing here that sounds like hacking.

Linebackers and Highlanders are fast as well.

Pretty much the only thing that can be considered a 'speed hack' in this game is a bug where disconnected mechs will sometimes get a speed boost, sprinting in a straight line in whatever direction they were aiming when the player went poof. Doesn't sound like that's what happened.

As usual, video or its just something you don't understand.

#4 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

The truth is out there.

#5 7VWIuV

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

I know there are fast mediums but this one I saw was moving almost twice the speed of an average light. I even tought it was some kind of glitch. I play this game for a long time and although I don't know all the mechs I've never seen a medium that fast. I probably won't be recording my matches because of hardware limitations but thanks for the suggestion.

#6 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

There is a bug that a mech will constantly accelerate if the player has been disconnected.
I have seen this myself and videos have been showing this bug.

However speed hacking is IMPOSSIBLE client side because movement is done SERVER side which means somebody would need to hack the server and I would claim that's not an easy feat.

Sorry but before accusing people of hacking you need to provide evidence and think about the feasibility of your accusation.

And whatever you have seen please also consider that you might have totally misinterpreted the situation and that the fault is with YOU.

#7 7VWIuV

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

I did not accused anyone. I was asking if someone saw anything similar. When I saw the medium I even tought it was a glitch from a connection trouble and checked my own system. It was ok. Plus nobody disconnected on that match. I know hackers can do a lot of tricky stuff. If it's possible for a mech to accelerate on a disco maybe someone can exploit this bug? I'm not saying it happened. Does it hurt for me to ask about it?

Edited by 7VWIuV, 06 April 2018 - 02:20 PM.

#8 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

No it doesnt hurt to ask, but nobody will investigate this unless you present evidence.
And even if you did not accuse somebody specifially you claimed somebody was hacking.
It's right there in the threads title.

We have threads like this every week poping up and most of them will get closed since they have no foundation and it is not allowed to discuss these things.

If you have an issue send a mail to support@mwomercs.com

Also what Bombast said below.

Edited by Antares102, 06 April 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#9 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

View Post7VWIuV, on 06 April 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Does it hurt when I ask about it?

It kind of does.

There's already a lot of people who scream and yell and shout about 'hacking' in this game. Almost without fail, they're just misunderstanding whats going on ingame, or are not aware of the actual mechanics. But when they come to check the forum and see a bunch of other people screaming and yelling and shouting about hacks and how this and that isn't possible, it cements in their minds that cheating is rampant.

#10 7VWIuV

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

You do not know me nor you are obliged to but if I'm doing this kind of suggestion is because I have some foundation on my suspicions. I did not start playing this game yesterday. I play it since it was released. And although I did not bought a badge nor I am a forum rat with thousands of posts I'm also not your regular loser raging about cheating. I'm not accusing anyone. I'm suggesting an investigation from however feels interested in the issue. Maybe you haven't seen anything suspicious and maybe there really isn't anything to suspect about and I'm just paranoid because of some random glitch that unfortunelly appeared to me in some match. But if someone saw something like that, or someone knows this may happen, this post is directed to them. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Good game for all of you.

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

What is it always the Wolf Loyalists...

#12 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

So which chassis was it? You say it was a medium, so presumably you identified the chassis.

Phoenix Hawk 3S with max engine, MASC and speed nodes is ludicrously fast.

Spoiler

#13 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Suspected in-game misconduct may be reported for investigation through the player context-menu on the scoreboard screen or by emailing moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details available. Further information may be found in the PGI Support Articles: https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct

[mod]As discussion of exploits, cheats, or hacks (and attempts thereof) is not permitted on the forums
(including complaints regarding such, as this may inadvertently advertise those exploits, cheats, or hacks),
this thread is now closed with several posts removed.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 06 April 2018 - 03:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users