Is The K-9 Worth Buying With Mc?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:47 AM

I have a thing for Urbies, I also have the MC to buy the K-9 in the in-game store.

Now I don't doubt it will be the superior battlemech on any battlefield. It is an Urbie after all.

I have however a couple of questions.

First what is included when you buy it with MC from the in-game store with MC? Besides the stock build that comes with it that is.

The fancy police lights on top of it, is it possible to make them flash? Does it also have a siren to go with the reds and blues?

#2 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:33 AM

The urbie is always the superior mech on the battlefield!

The lights and siren do work. I don't remember what key toggles it off the top of my head. The lights will flash until you turn them off. The siren just plays for about 5 seconds. To get it to sound again you turn them off and then back on.

Kanajashi just had a YouTube video of the K9. https://youtu.be/fGwpvvmgucE

Do you like playing urbies, they play vsry different than other lights? Slower, but VERY tanky. The K9 is considered the best varient because of the 5 energy hardpoints. It does lasers or one large ballistic as good or better than the other. The only thing it doesn't do as well is machine guns because of only one ballistic hardpoint.

I run a Rotary AC5 and 5 ER small lasers in mine and it's a blast even though it's not the optimal build.

#3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

if you like urbies..
your face will hurt from all the grins you'll do in the k9.

press W for win, press L to broaden that grin even further. you won't regret buying it, imho.
I run it quite often, even in scouting and fw, and it never gets old. it's quite versatile buildwise, so you can shake things up when you want to. can run several builds GOOD, which is more than most heroes.
k9 = BEST way to have fun in this game Posted Image

*also: welcome to the cult of the urbie *secret handshake*

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 April 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm in the middle of a different game, but if you can buy it gimme the price and I'll tell you how much it actually cost in cash...

That said...
According to Smurfy you cannot buy it for MC or they have no MC price listed.

So that might answer your question as "You can't."

#5 Lt_Paragor

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:54 AM

What about the urbi with the missle hard points?

#6 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

just to state this, cause looks unclear here:

yes, the urbie is in-store in-game. you can buy it with mc, and it comes with everything sans the mechbay *only difference to webstore*

you CAN buy the missile urbie via webstore, but it has no 30% bonus, no nice camo and whatever. personally, i'd buy that with regular cbills later on. it's a cool build with lots of options. NONE of them begin with L**, though. ;)

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 April 2018 - 08:31 AM.

#7 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

View PostKoniving, on 07 April 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm in the middle of a different game, but if you can buy it gimme the price and I'll tell you how much it actually cost in cash...

That said...
According to Smurfy you cannot buy it for MC or they have no MC price listed.

So that might answer your question as "You can't."

The MC prize in the in-game store is 2250. I think the web store sells it for $10 bucks.

Edited by Chryckan, 07 April 2018 - 08:43 AM.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:53 AM

Okay beat that game.

Now...

One, K9 is in game as available for MC. 2,250
In USD, you need to spend at least 14.95 to get 3,000 MC.
This makes its cost: $11.21
The K9 on the website is $10.00 USD.

So the answer is, no unless you already have the MC.

-----------------

The missile totting Urbie does NOT come on the website store.
Currently it is available for 660 MC.
Over time it will be available for cbills... This mech was originally given out as part of last year's annual reward program. As such there's the "L" version which gives a 30% bonus and a normal version... Given their pattern of release, it'll be available for cbills next month.

To avoid further confusion, the missile-using Urbie is "R68."

This was made for a completely different purpose, but given that it s urbanmechs it seems fitting.
Posted Image

#9 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

The K9 is just another urbanmech but with a 30% c-bill bonus and a siren (The default key to toggle the siren is 'L').
If you played and liked other urbanmech variants, you'll probably like the K9 too.
Do replace the stock engine though.

The following thread helped me attain urbie enlightenment:
https://mwomercs.com...3-urbie-builds/
Maybe you will find it just as usefull.

#10 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

View PostExilyth, on 07 April 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

"The K9 is just another urbanmech.."

how dare you, good sir?! Posted Image

the k9 is the pinnacle of urban-warfare-tekknolothingie.
lights and a siren! it could have a -30% malus instead and I would still drive it Posted Image

#11 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

IMHO the K-9 is worth it, if for no other reason than every game I can go harass the AFKs in the spawn with the siren (it's actually amazing how often this works). Or find a LURMer off by themselves and threaten them with a ticket for loitering if they don't press W and get with the team. And especially using the siren when you run down another light mech that tried to harass you earlier in the match but is now gonna die because they aren't an Urbie.

#12 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

The siren on the K9 is now a bolt on - taking it off, saving, putting it back and saving gives you an achievement if you haven't equipped any other mech with bolt ons yet.

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

View PostExilyth, on 07 April 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

The K9 is just another urbanmech but with a 30% c-bill bonus and a siren

Don't forget the ability to pack 5x MPL, which is the real value here game play wise.

The siren is so much fun though.

If you get somebody trying to pull you over for having a bad build, fear not. Its just the META POLICE Urbie

#14 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

K9 is the best Urbanmech, seriously I am not joking. As previously stated 5MPL is serious fire-power for a reasonably mobile mech with great hit boxes. All in all it is the best slow light in the IS arsenal, that means like many clan lights it doesn't quite play like a traditional light mech but like more nimble medium.

#15 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

i call my K9 Roland, with a RAC 5 and 5 ERSMLs it is a serious wrecking machine. one of the most fun mechs i have, right after the Demo Can (AC20 SL and a LE100 hey it can keep up with Annihilators)

encase you are wondering why Roland

Edited by loopala, 05 June 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#16 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

View Postloopala, on 05 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Demo Can (AC20 SL and a LE100 hey it can keep up with Annihilators)

Why not just grab the Standard 60? Then Annihilators can outrun but not outlast you!

#17 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 05 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Why not just grab the Standard 60? Then Annihilators can outrun but not outlast you!

with a Light 100, same weight as an XL100 but without the one ST death, I lose 1 ton of usable weight but gain about 22 kph, 54kph vs 32kph for me it it is an ok trade off YMMV

#18 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

A Standard 60 is -2.5t... That means 3t difference, not 1t. (also, I was joking)

Yes, I know it's 2 heatsinks less, but that wasn't a mentioned difference.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 06 June 2018 - 12:37 PM.

#19 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

I don't know what 5xMPL builds people run on the K-9, but the builds I've tried were so blazingly hot that I didn't run them for long. (bear in mind, I only tried LF 180, stripped armor + JJ, I didn't try downsizing engines and adding heatsinks, or XLs at all) But I like Urbies to be as close to heat neutral as humanly possible, so it's probably just me. 5xML runs cooler, more heatsinks, but definitely not a build I go "OH WOW" over. If IS SPLs were better, I might try running 5xSPL + 1xMG on it.

I end up brawling with my Urbies, so maybe that's why a build with ~1.3 heat seemed 'high" (honestly think I'd be fine with 1.3 on a lot of other mechs)

Personally I would rate the SC and R68 above the K-9, in terms of builds I like to play. Being able to get the SC up to 121.9 kph w/speed tweak is amazing, IMHO, and the R68 is just so good as a SRM brawler.

As an aside, I have about ~100 games in both the K-9 and SC, but my K/D is bizarrely dissimilar (1.04 versus 2.47). The SC is just 3xMPL/2MG. That's almost the same build I run on my R63 (3xMPL/3xMG), but that K/D is only 1.89 with the bulk of the difference I can see being the ~24kph increase with the SC. I get the lower K/D for me in the K-9 (haven't found a build that lets me YOLO brawl yet), but I can't really explain the SC stats other than its speed.

#20 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 06 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

A Standard 60 is -2.5t... That means 3t difference, not 1t. (also, I was joking)

Yes, I know it's 2 heatsinks less, but that wasn't a mentioned difference.

ah a sarcastic hair splitter.... LOL

yep you got it. with heat sinks it is 1 ton more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users