Is There Any Reason To Have Alternate Characters For I S And Clan?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

In canon BattleTech Lore the MRBC was formed after Comstar's MRB was found to be working clandestinely for the invading Clans. Playing both sides for profit. The MRBC did away with any Clan contract affiliations and so to work for any Inner Sphere House, Mercenary Units could not also work for Clan factions.

In the beginning this is how Faction Warfare was projected to work, however it seems this is not so anymore since Faction Warfare has evolved a great deal since concept.

So what do you gain in Faction Warfare from having an Inner Sphere and a separate Clan alligned character? I just want to be sure I am not missing something.

#2 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:02 AM

For MRBC comp having 2 accounts is a disadvantage as you dont have easy access to all your mechs.

For saving money and gettng stuff its advantageous. Eg an extra mech or 2 from the cadet bonus's and more patterns for more chassis from events.

#3 VaudeVillain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

I went and did 3. One IS, one clan, and one level 1 tech only. Although I primarily played IS, I liked playing clan because I would go up against my IS unit and work to counter them since I knew how they played and forced them to rethink some strategies. I've seen some groups create an alternate account to gimp the other side against their main unit, but I always thought that was poor sportsmanship. Even against my buddies, i'm going to go all out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users