#41 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 12 April 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

tose affected by inability to do anything meaningful with clan srms in qp.

That's a skill issue not a weapon system issue.

#42 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 12 April 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

That's a skill issue not a weapon system issue.

It is usually a good idea to check whether you can win skills argument before bringing it up :)

#43 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

As Chuck Yeager says in the old EA sim Chuck Yeager’s Air Combat: ‘It’s the man, not the machine’...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#44 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 April 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Except there are players that mostly play that half-dead game mode, as it actually offers something more than QP. We don't want it to be full dead, you see.
Well I guess once and if SRM spread is reduced, FP will finally die off because linebackers will dominate everything. Because the only conclusion I can make out of what you say is that fukhueg spread is the thing keeping FP alive.

#45 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 12 April 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Well I guess once and if SRM spread is reduced, FP will finally die off because linebackers will dominate everything. Because the only conclusion I can make out of what you say is that fukhueg spread is the thing keeping FP alive.

Linebacker spam (or any cheese) certainly harms FP experience, and in a half dead game mode, the impact is felt more profoundly.

#46 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 April 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Linebacker spam (or any cheese) certainly harms FP experience, and in a half dead game mode, the impact is felt more profoundly.

You're basically suggest to shoot a healthy leg so it moves in a same way as broken leg. As an approach to handling problems that makes absolutely no sense.

#47 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 12 April 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

You're basically suggest to shoot a healthy leg so it moves in a same way as broken leg. As an approach to handling problems that makes absolutely no sense.

PGI's fault for pairing two different legs. I am simply trying to improve the mode I play the most.

#48 WhineyThePoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

Nananana batman!

#49 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 11 April 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

I can honestly say I'm getting tired of the IS tonnage,

15 tons over 4 mechs doesn't make up the difference in tech when you calculate it.

weapon(dual heavy gauss for instance)

With 200m range when you get higher alphas that stretch out to 600m on mechs twice as fast.

structure and armor(quirks and stealth) advantages.

And clans go faster and do more damage while not worrying about dying when you lose a single ST.

Waiting twenty minutes for a FW match and see twelve Anny's push you out of the circle in domination is not my idea of fun.

Then drop in 12 Kodiaks/Direwhales and out DPS them from outside their range and kill them before they finish waddling through?

Or just a few Anny's and assorted assaults waltz in and destroy you, your gens and omega in just a few minutes.

Then blow off their weapons by shooting their STs before they shoot your gens?

On incursion twelve Assassins rush the base, usually getting it on the first try. Or like A41 and 31HR, just bring four waves of assassins and success is guaranteed. No practice, no talent required.

Then protect your base and not spread out, or destroy the enemy before they get to your base, or sacrifice the mech doing as much damage to them as possible to respawn at the base to defend it?

Take two evenly matched teams and IS has the definite advantage.

Lol, no. Clan advantages outweight the 15 ton difference in total drop weight.

I guess all that whining and crying IS has done for years has finally paid off.

It's not like Clan mechs were curbstomping IS players in the teeth for well over a year or anything.

View PostLily from animove, on 11 April 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

if you build your mech crap yes it is.

Yes, people are definitely building their mechs crap. It definitely isn't because weapons weight more and take more slots while having less effect or anything.

#50 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 11 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

IS can lose their tonnage advantage in FP as soon as clan 'mechs lose their exclusivity on half-slot FF+ES, two-slot XL, XL that can survive a ST loss, two-slot DHS, and decreased tonnage+slot requirements on all weapons.

IS gets more tonnage in large part because their tonnage is generally less efficiently used.

Well you did over look free CASE. CASE does enhance a mech's survival and Clan gets far more use out of CASE because of the "deathless XL" making side torso CASE actually do something and limb mounted CASE.

So every clan mech has 3 tons of effective survival enhancing equipment. I say three tons because only the side torso and limb CASE has any real impact in mech survival in game play.

So with each clan mech getting 3 tons of free survival enhancing gear. And there being 4 mechs in a clan drop deck and there are 12 players on the clan team that's 144 tons of free survival enhancing equipment.

In addition clan ferro armor is more efficient than I.S. ferro and gives more armor points per ton. This means that every clan mech utilizing clan ferro armor is also gaining tonnage free benefits towards survival. Add that to the " ghost" tonnage and the drop deck weights are heavily in favor of the clans.

All is true but meant jokingly.

#51 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

View PostLykaon, on 12 April 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

Well you did over look free CASE. CASE does enhance a mech's survival and Clan gets far more use out of CASE because of the "deathless XL" making side torso CASE actually do something and limb mounted CASE.

So every clan mech has 3 tons of effective survival enhancing equipment. I say three tons because only the side torso and limb CASE has any real impact in mech survival in game play.

So with each clan mech getting 3 tons of free survival enhancing gear. And there being 4 mechs in a clan drop deck and there are 12 players on the clan team that's 144 tons of free survival enhancing equipment.

All is true but meant jokingly.

COmrade, obviously you forgot clan special equipment is only supposed ot be half weight of IS stuff. Obviously that means only 1.5 tons of survival equipment between them, so only 72 tons of free equipment, that way is of balance )))))
/s

#52 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

And yet the competitive crowd is training in DeathStrikes for the next tourney. I wonder why....ClanXL, ClanGauss, ClanLaserVomit, cockpit high weapon mounts for superior hill humping, and assault mech tonnage.

#53 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostCabusha, on 12 April 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

And yet the competitive crowd is training in DeathStrikes for the next tourney. I wonder why....ClanXL, ClanGauss, ClanLaserVomit, cockpit high weapon mounts for superior hill humping, and assault mech tonnage.

I guess nobody told that competitive crowd you're talking about that deathstrikes are banned from mrbc, and only 2/5 drops allow proper assaults

View PostAthom83, on 12 April 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

15 tons over 4 mechs doesn't make up the difference in tech when you calculate it.

With 200m range when you get higher alphas that stretch out to 600m on mechs twice as fast.

And clans go faster and do more damage while not worrying about dying when you lose a single ST.

[/font]
Then drop in 12 Kodiaks/Direwhales and out DPS them from outside their range and kill them before they finish waddling through?

[/font][/size]
Then blow off their weapons by shooting their STs before they shoot your gens?

[/font][/size]
Then protect your base and not spread out, or destroy the enemy before they get to your base, or sacrifice the mech doing as much damage to them as possible to respawn at the base to defend it?

[/font][/size]
Lol, no. Clan advantages outweight the 15 ton difference in total drop weight.

[/size]
It's not like Clan mechs were curbstomping IS players in the teeth for well over a year or anything.

Yes, people are definitely building their mechs crap. It definitely isn't because weapons weight more and take more slots while having less effect or anything.

it's 25 tons unless IS tonnage went down to 255 in the past 2 weeks Ive been clan

it really depends on the map, some maps/modes aren't ideal for ranged trade, vitric, taiga, etc are awesome maps for Hgauss

you don't have to use IS XL on most IS mechs anymore, especially in the context of FP where the 1st, 2nd waves matter most, unless it's extreme range, LFE has been around for a while now, use it. And even with XL IS Mechs on average have much better geometry and fast torso speeds for arm shielding

about assassin base rushing. I mean cmon, this "just defend your base" stuff was funny when incursion was just added to FP, but not so much anymore. There is no way to stop an organized assassin building rush on incursion. Yes it's just barely possible if the defending team is made up of ace pilots and the attacking team is pure spuds with no cohesion at all. But even fairly poorly skilled players that drop 4 waves of assassins and just charge the buildings more or less balled up will win incursion every time

#54 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Anybody can go to Faction Play / War History ( now that it works again ) and check planet captures over past weeks. Sad reading. Balance has clearly shifted and not because all mecrs went IS, but because PGI put its hand on balance scales.

Non active players telling active FW pilots to use KDK and Dire is much telling. Either this is complete lack of understanding about current mech balance or plain wagging middle finger. Both mechs are dead as door knob.

Edited by SmokeGuar, 12 April 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#55 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

The amount of posts by users with a "1" under their name, that clearly have no idea, never ceases to amaze me.

But then when you can get to "T1" with 170 avg match score and a 0.90 WLR... It doesn't say much.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 12 April 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#56 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 12 April 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Not when multiple waves of 12 Linebacker rush is a thing. So either nerf the Linebacker, or keep the CSRM spread as is. Even Mercstar finds it too cheesy to run more than one wave.

Dude, cut the crap. The Brown Sea doesnt understand such arcane concepts such as 'Pressin W en masse', teamwork, or mechs that dont have the tonnage to equip 'AMS Unbrellas'...

Gotta keep it simple: "I dont like it = its OP". Simple. Safe. Can build balance around that.

#57 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Some of you are rather harsh on Victor Drake's 5M build. I've run something similar, and it's better than you would expect. Agility with JJs makes it hard to pin down. Also works with MRMs and ERML/ML.

#58 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Lol if you think IS are op, image if IS Aussults could use the Clan XL Engine. Hahaha. You have IS moving as fast and maybe carrying as much firepower as Clams. Its a dead dream I know. The Inner Sphere XL will always be dead.

#59 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Clan hs boating and alphas mitigate any perceived IS advantages in existence..

#60 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostAthom83, on 12 April 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

COmrade, obviously you forgot clan special equipment is only supposed ot be half weight of IS stuff. Obviously that means only 1.5 tons of survival equipment between them, so only 72 tons of free equipment, that way is of balance )))))
/s

Oh yeah... sorry overlooked that part. I guess I exagerated a bit then it's only like 72 tons after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users