Hunchback Iic Recommendations?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 18 April 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Sounds like I should have gone for the base version with 4 UAC2s instead... After a very promising first two matches (over 700 damage, 3 kills) I just cannot get the Mech to work.

Between yesterday and today, I had 1 win and 13 losses shared between this Mech and my Kitfox. Standard distribution would expect that even if I really, really sucked, I should have won more than that.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. My accuracy at over 400 meters is not really good, I do better at under 300. But I still die with mostly between 150 and 300 damage dealt. I am usually not the first to die, I am often among the last 4 guys.

I keep moving, trying to find a good firing position without losing too much armour. Hit and run, if I cannot burst them down. If the enemy isn't paying that close attention to my direction, I do some pop tarting. If someone is firing at an enemy, I am trying to assist them. When the team moves, I try to move with them. I just do not get what I am doing wrong.

It's getting seriously frustrating. This cannot all come from the fact that I only have about 15 or so skillpoints in the Mech. I did okay in the first two matches...

You will have slumps,God knows I have had more than my fair share. Do not give up.

#22 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:57 PM

Remember to frontload your armor... Shouldn't have more than 10 rear CT armor, and 8 rear side torso armor. You can even drop the arm armor down to 1 point on each to give you some extra weight to do stuff.

The Hunchback is not a facetanking mech. If you're getting shot at, head for cover immediately. Getting caught out from cover is your nightmare. Look for hills to peek over, since your shoulder mounts are all as high as your cockpit, what you see is what you can hit. Might want to map your left side to your left mouse button, and right side to your right mouse button. (it can help when peeking around corners)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users