Clan Prejudice In Solaris7

54 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:15 AM

PGI states you can't brin a mech to Solaris7 with the following:

7 x any of these
  • Heavy PPC
  • Clan ER PPC
  • Clan ER Large Laser
  • Clan Heavy Large Laser
  • Clan Large Pulse Laser
But you CAN bring following:

7 IS Large Lasers
7 IS ER Large lasers
7 IS Large Pulse lasers
7 PPCs
7 ERPPCs

How is that fair?

Or how is it fair that you can also bring:

2 x Heavy Gauss Riffle
Stealth Armor
Rocket launchers

or basically, a Stealth Fafnir with 2 x Heavy Gauss Riffles?

Oh, it's real money only.. I see.. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I call P2W and once again, prejudice against the Clans....

Discuss..

Edited by Vellron2005, 16 April 2018 - 02:18 AM.

#2 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:21 AM

So, you tell me which mech can pack 7 Heavy PPCs...

Thanks for the laughter

#3 Asmerak

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

This has to be bait.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:25 AM

What can 7xERLL do for IS? 63 alpha and blow up from overheating? Clan mechs LAUGH at 63 laser alpha that blows up your mech, cause MAD-IIC can do 2x78 alpha almost back to back without shutting down.

7 IS PPCs? HAH!

View PostVellron2005, on 16 April 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

2 x Heavy Gauss Riffle
Stealth Armor
Rocket launchers

I played a lot of 1v1 duels with Assaults and I can tell you that 2xHGR build is far less effective than mass dakka.

Edited by El Bandito, 16 April 2018 - 03:14 AM.

#5 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:29 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 April 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

What can 7xERLL do? 63 alpha and blow up from overheating? Clan mechs LAUGH at 63 laser alpha that shuts down your mech, cause MAD-IIC can do 2x78 alpha almost back to back without shutting down.

A while back, I spectated a 9 ERLL mech.. a grasshopper I think.. he did not do too badly.. did not overheat that much (had good heat discipline), and besides.. clan mechs are generally hotter than IS mechs?

I don't know anybody who runs 9 CERLL on their mech.. highest I ever saw was 6 on the Supernova.. and it's hot as hell..

I understand they are trying to prevent troll one-shot-kill builds.. but they still need to do it properly.. ban stealth armor, rocket launchers,double heavy gauss, ban both IS and clan combinations equally.. this seems unfair..

#6 drifter bob

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • Locationin pugland doing pug things

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

this might have something to do with it

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:34 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 April 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

A while back, I spectated a 9 ERLL mech.. a grasshopper I think.. he did not do too badly.. did not overheat that much (had good heat discipline), and besides.. clan mechs are generally hotter than IS mechs?

Grasshopper at most can field seven large class lasers, and it is a joke build. 3xLL+5xERML is far better for dueling.

Clan mechs are not hotter than IS mechs in terms of damage per cooling, cause Clan lasvomit mechs tend to have 1/4-1/3 more DHS than IS las-vomit mechs. My Hellbringers cool off faster than my Thunderbolts while doing more damage per alpha.

Edited by El Bandito, 16 April 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

View Postdrifter bob, on 16 April 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

this might have something to do with it

Well duh, of course those have something to do with it.. Just saying, you can do that on an annihilator too..

#9 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

I totally agree with Solaris rules and in no way feel prejudiced....................also all my kewl mechs are ballistic and missile boats. Posted Image

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 16 April 2018 - 02:42 AM.

#10 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:03 AM

Here and I though't people would be raging about the 12 MG thing still being okay to bring.

For 1v1 I'd honestly be more worried about lining up against a Dire (or anything really) with a stack of uac5s or 5s/10s than much of anything with lasers/ppcs because those things will burrow through your armor while you pray for a jam. If you twist and don't get lucky your arm and most of your st is gone before you get halfway through your cd.

#11 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:07 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 April 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Here and I though't people would be raging about the 12 MG thing still being okay to bring.

For 1v1 I'd honestly be more worried about lining up against a Dire (or anything really) with a stack of uac5s or 5s/10s than much of anything with lasers/ppcs because those things will burrow through your armor while you pray for a jam. If you twist and don't get lucky your arm and most of your st is gone before you get halfway through your cd.

That is true.. but if that same direwolf is facing off against saaay, a stealth locust or Assassin.. it doesn't stand a chance.. it's back will be out before he can say ultra autocannon.

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:08 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 April 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Nah, watch out for UV with 8xCAC2s cause that thing has DPS, sustain, range, and the guns never jam.

View PostVellron2005, on 16 April 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

That is true.. but if that same direwolf is facing off against saaay, a stealth locust or Assassin.. it doesn't stand a chance.. it's back will be out before he can say ultra autocannon.

I don't think Direwhales will face Locusts or Assassins, cause they are in different divisions. Of medium class mechs only Arctic Wolf and Huntsman are in Division 1, where Whales are at, while there are no light mechs in Div 1.

Edited by El Bandito, 16 April 2018 - 03:16 AM.

#13 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Fastest thing a Dire has to face is probably the IV-4

#14 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:13 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 April 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

Fastest thing a Dire has to face is probably the IV-4

And Arctic Wolf, though the Whale will obliterate both, as long as the pilot is half decent.

#15 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 April 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

Nah, watch out for UV with 8xAC2s cause that thing has DPS, sustain, and the guns never jam.

AC2s are going to be wicked as well, but I think that a lot of people will go the burst with luck route because a lot of that tier will end up being autocannons anyhow and the faster you can disable portions of the opponents rig the less jams matter.

#16 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:04 AM

Mass energy, which is the Clan's strong point, is not going to be effective in 1v1 and 2v2 anyway without the dual enhanced coolshot crutch.

#17 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:18 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 April 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

Well duh, of course those have something to do with it.. Just saying, you can do that on an annihilator too..

No you can't. You literally can't.

That's why it doesn't affect IS mechs. They don't have the space nor the hard points to do this, and even if they did, each weapon is less damage efficient then the Clan alternative (The Dire Wolf with ERPPCs and HLLs or even ERLLs). There is no IS Gigadrill or Direstar because the tech doesn't support it.

The best an IS mech can do is 6xHPPC (I think it's 6, certainly not 7), which does 90 damage and kills the firing mech. And Clan mechs can get that kind of alpha without exploding.

Edited by Bombast, 16 April 2018 - 04:22 AM.

#18 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 April 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

I don't think Direwhales will face Locusts or Assassins, cause they are in different divisions. Of medium class mechs only Arctic Wolf and Huntsman are in Division 1, where Whales are at, while there are no light mechs in Div 1.

Arctic Wolf can run an XL 365 engine with a base speed of 147.8 kph before speed tweak.
With speeds over 150 kph and alphas of 40-60, Direwhales be getting f****d up.

https://mechspecs.co...6-cxl350.14116/

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 16 April 2018 - 04:52 AM.

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

View PostRemover of Obstacles, on 16 April 2018 - 04:49 AM, said:

Arctic Wolf can run an XL 365 engine with a base speed of 147.8 kph before speed tweak.
With speeds over 150 kph and alphas of 40-60, Direwhales be getting f****d up.

Arctic Wolf is a fragile mech with easy to hit profile, compared to something like an Assassin. I still think given equal skill the Whale will win. We'll see who is right once Solaris becomes live.

#20 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 April 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

Arctic Wolf is a fragile mech with easy to hit profile, compared to something like an Assassin. I still think given equal skill the Whale will win. We'll see who is right once Solaris becomes live.

Equal skill is a very hard thing to find in MWO.

Many of the pilots that use the DWF rely heavily on superior firepower over pilot skill. (I am a big DWF and assault fan)

I am afraid that the vast majority of the time throughout the entire player base the DWF will lose hard to any 150 kph ACW that shoots legs or goes for a quick double tap back stab. So once one of the top light pilots starts destroying D1 "The Assault Division", we are going to have forum fires.

Many of the maps did not look like they favored long range and good shooting lanes (only caught a few minutes of previews).

So unless the DWF backs into a corner and just waits.... Just what 32 spectators want...

We will see, soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users