- - - - -

Solaris 7 How To Get Into A Random Team 2V2 Match?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys, I just got the patch and need help as to how to get into a 2v2 match through launch for Solaris 7 game mode?

#2 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

You don't.

2V2 is for teams only. There is no Pugging 2's.

Make a group, then Q up.

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

That is so damn disappointing I can't express it in words.

#4 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:07 PM

Really though, if it allowed PUG's people would just complain about premades stomping them.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

Exactly how it should be - No random matches groups.

Get friends, get into a group.

#6 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:57 PM

I just won my first 2v2 Solaris Match! Although I would not mind having a public match making option for 2v2 seriously for Solaris 7, I got friends that are willing to test with me.

#7 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 April 2018 - 11:40 PM, said:

Exactly how it should be - No random matches groups.

That takes away a lot of the fun, though. With 1v1 its going to get very predictable and very boring very quickly. Most of the matches I've played already are just "sweep the legs" with MRMs/SRMs and that's about it. 2v2 opens up a lot more, especially since you can't just spam MRMs and SRMs at somebody's leg, but with premades there is going to be a major amount of predictability simply because you're going to be cooperating with your teammate before the map, negotiating what builds you'll use to compliment each other's. Having a pair of two random folks adds a lot of randomness and from that randomness comes situations that woudn't be the same, predictable builds that we'll see completely dominating each Solaris division two weeks from now.

Now if some people like the race to the meta and just want to take the top handful of builds in each division and get it down perfect against other people running the same few builds, well, that's perfectly respectable as well. Its not up my alley but its why some folks play the game. If they don't want to play with that factor of randomness, well, you said it yourself:

Get friends, get into a group.

I mean if they're already playing competitively then they're most likely already running in a premade group.

#8 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

There SHOULD be a random 2vs2 solaris, separate from the team 2vs2

OR, if you don't want to divide it, integrate the random 2vs2 on the random 1vs1 queue (just "random match" including 2vs2, vs "teamed match"; same as now but with more variety)

#9 Le Scronge

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

If there is no random 2v2 play, PGI shouldn't link it with an otherwise open challenge. I feel cheated!

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

I've come to notice that Solaris is has so many separations that you have to rapidly switch between the 7 divisions to find any division that actually has "1 person waiting in queue."

PGI said they didn't want to segregate the player base because the game can't take it, but by making the divisions exclusive... they kinda did exactly that.

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:05 PM

View PostIllCaesar, on 18 April 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Having a pair of two random folks adds a lot of randomness and from that randomness comes situations that woudn't be the same, predictable builds that we'll see completely dominating each Solaris division two weeks from now.

Now if some people like the race to the meta and just want to take the top handful of builds in each division and get it down perfect against other people running the same few builds

Don't take this the wrong way... But... You don't sound like you understand 2v2's.

Having 2 random folks get joined against a group will be a steamroll 99/100 matches. Why? The organised team is organised.

There is far less predictabilty and META and mechs in 2v2 than in 1v1. Every 2v2 I've played was different mechs, load out and strategy. Hard for a META to evolve that easily IMO as it is far more a rock / paper / scissor game.

The only way is to add another queue to Solaris Random/Random vs Random/Random - which is spreading players even thinner. I tell you now though that queue will empty fast also as players will get over there very quickly because if you get paired with someone running a poorly optimised build / mech, you're going to lose and there is nothing you can do about it. No way you can carry that.

View PostIllCaesar, on 18 April 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

I mean if they're already playing competitively then they're most likely already running in a premade group.

You don't have to be a competitive player (less than about 700 of us) to get into a 2-man for Solaris.

Anyone in a unit, the most casual of casual, can do this. There are 5,000+ of those easily. It's really not as hard as people make it.

#12 Shred Jesse

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

I'm a pretty casual player and I'd appreciate random groups.

It'd be just as frustrating as quickplay at times I'm sure, but it'd be more fan than just never participating since I don't know anyone who plays and find networking with players an annoying and impractical experience through the MWO ui

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users