Error Code 10

2 replies to this topic

#1 Burn0utt

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

mwo was working fine until i downloaded the solaris 7 update, now i cant log in, keep getting error code 10, ive tried reinstalling the client through steam, turned off firewalls and antivirus software incase it was blocking it somehow but to no avail, have sent a ticket to pgi but havent heard anything back yet, anyone on here got any idea what could be causing this, cos im kinda running out of ideas

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

General code 10 error has to do with a device the game is attempting to access but will not start. Suggest disconnect all periphery devices. Would ask what devices are connected to your computer.

The Code 10 error is one of several Device Manager error codes. It's generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device, a situation usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager doesn't understand.

https://www.wikihow....x-Error-Code-10

The above link at least gets you to the device manager to see if there are any devices (including hidden devices) that may be causing an issue.

Another thing to consider is that MWO is 64bit only now. Double check that your drivers are for 64bit OS and not 32bit.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 April 2018 - 03:08 PM.

#3 Locusthorde300

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:30 PM

I'm having the same issue, to no avail. How do I check if things on my PC are 64 bit?

My OS is, but I'm not sure about all the random drivers I've installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users