Fafnir And Solaris 7 Heroes Mech Pack Quick Play Events

22 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

This event is for those who own a Fafnir Mech Pack!
Use the correct variant and complete the damage objectives in Quick Play to earn the rewards!

This event is for those who own a Solaris 7 Heroes Mech Pack!
Use the correct variant and complete the damage objectives in Quick Play to earn the rewards!

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

But no event *in* S7????

Oh and, FIRST! :D

Edited by MovinTarget, 18 April 2018 - 10:39 AM.

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

To those who have purchased it? I hope you have fun out there. :D

Me? I think I'm able to use this as downtime to rest, unless PGI's Event Wranglers suddenly throw something at the rest of us. B)

~Mr. D. V. "I think I'm just going to hide in my MechBay Office's Bedroom for a while." Devnull

#4 Baron Blackjack

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

Hey guys we just launched a new game mode so here's a challenge for the oldest game mode we have!

#5 Leviathan MDK

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

Gentelmen! Charge up your heavy gausse riffles!!!

I know I will!

more C-bills for me to blow on converting mechs and filling mechbays.

#6 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostBaron Blackjack, on 18 April 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Hey guys we just launched a new game mode so here's a challenge for the oldest game mode we have!

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. Another might be, "Hey guys we just injected new content into the game so lets give the players an incentive to kick the tires and find any edge cases we might have missed!"

#7 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 18 April 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. Another might be, "Hey guys we just injected new content into the game so lets give the players an incentive to kick the tires and find any edge cases we might have missed!"

...Just not in the new game mode that we think is going to be the lifeblood of this game for the next few years.

Srsly.

You would think they would make the S7 challenge valid for S7 matches OOR add in an event just for S7 matches.

I'm not big on S7 at the moment, so a little extra incentive to check it out would be worth it.

...and the load times to get back to the mech bay are STILL stupid.

#8 Commander Taylor

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

What about the people that didn't buy ither of the new mechs... I want an event for everyone! It gives me a purpose to play mwo!

#9 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

No love for Faction Play Posted Image

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

View PostCommander Taylor, on 18 April 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

What about the people that didn't buy ither of the new mechs... I want an event for everyone! It gives me a purpose to play mwo!

Agreed, there should be a general event running. Independent of any new feature, mech pack release events.

Also as mentioned, dont forget those who spill time over in Faction Play.

Edited by Tordin, 18 April 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Yay money . I love Solaris but The pay sucks . Those lbx 10 and mrm 30 cheese builds are not cheap ya know .

#12 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

This makes sense because no one is going to want to play their new solaris mech in solaris with no skills. Gotta grind em up in qp first.

#13 Leviathan MDK

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

My two cents is that they do the new mech/s7heros first and then do a General Solaris 7 event.
With the Thanatos and rubbelite oasis events they did the same thing.

Would make sense. that way Everybody has time to do al the events.
I do agree the damage scores for the new mechs should count for all playmodes except private/comp matches or at leastcount in both QP and FW.
Not all players love QP, but buy new mechs that feeds MWO.

PS: And i need to check my spelling BEFORE I post. Posted Image

Edited by Leviathan MDK, 18 April 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#14 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Just had a couple last month, didn't we?

#15 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

I need to skill up my Fafnirs, but I also need Solaris time, I suck lol

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostDFM, on 18 April 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Just had a couple last weekend. FTFY Posted Image

#17 Stompy Stompy McRobotface

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:49 AM

View PostTordin, on 18 April 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Agreed, there should be a general event running. Independent of any new feature, mech pack release events.

Because pgi seem to want to give back to people who actually bought the mech packs and support the game.
Why would they be giving out free stuff to people who didn’t buy the packs and not supporting the game?
This is an incentive for supporters, not for the people who play for free and whine about not having incentives etc.
Pgi have to make money somewhere, and they aren’t going to do that by just giving out a bunch of stuff to non supporters.
Or wasn’t the roughneck and sun spider heroes and all the free Xmas and lucky charms stuff enough for you?

#18 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

Thank you for the nice event. I like the patton pattern a lot and would even consider buying it if it had not those stars on it. Now that we have awesome 9 dekkel slots I can try to cover those stars. But the patton camo without stars would be even better. And it should be easy to produce, as basically before applying stars and stuff, the artist has to release the pattern as a plain two color camo.

Posted Image

So now I did put this nice camo on my beloved Fafnir and have another issue. As can be seen on the picture the camo pattern is hardly recocnizeable due to the lot of edges looking like someone had done a high gloss polishing on my warmachine. I can tell you - if I find that tech who did this - we will have an interessting conversation about camouflage, why there is no matt color and no matt basecoat below the camo paint, and how he dared to polish the metal to be extra shiny!

On a more serious note to the artist... yes also warmachines experience weathering or even chipped of paint. But this is to much and way to shiny. There are a lot of weathering examples in the net and modelling homepages. Maybe you can use those for example of how withering on mechs could look like:
Posted Image
Posted Image

That beeing said, there is an ongoing discussion on how withered a mech should look like. The best solution would be a seperate option to select different levels of withering. But as long as that option is not available my advice would be to try a nice compromise and avoid shiny surfaces on camouflage.

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostTordin, on 18 April 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

View PostDFM, on 18 April 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 April 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Just had a couple last weekend.

This weekend is a double XP event for all players. Read up, enlightenment awaits!

#20 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

I hate to ***** about this event because I'm pretty happy with a lot of the new content coming out and what is being talked about but after purchasing the Solaris 7 Hero Pack and finishing the exclusive event I found the event pretty boring. The goal was easy but a grind for all 7 mechs and I spent way more than 7 million C-bills tooling the hero mechs up just to get them on the field. I frequently drop against pilots I know are tier 1 and most of those builds were barely competitive against tier 5 pilots.

You've had several events in the past where you have given away the farm for free and I participated in them for free. This event essentially cost me $30.00 to participate in and it cost me several times more than the reward in c-bills to complete. Does that make any sense:?

I don't even care about the c-bills but it would have been nice to have a few cockpit items or decals in the prizes instead of just a handful of c-bills. You've given away free hero mechs before for less.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users