20 replies to this topic

#1 Valkaryie

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

solaris is about being a gladiator and as such going straight for the legs is pretty much a low move and wouldnt be tolerated in cannon if your true mech warriors legging is atune to a nut shot and should be banned from solaris matches as a win if you cant hit ct or arms to the back your not playing solaris as per cannon. if all your gonna do is leg your not a worthy mechwarrior fight it out lose or win with honour dont be one of those pilots that fight below standards of solaris legging is low and unworthy of a win in the column

#2 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Patently false. I dare you to find any canon references to this? In fact this was a legacy of mw3 inability to properly address legs being removed.(Despite being the best Mechwarrior)

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

(shakes head) poor Fedrat...

Bringing in Canon, really? In the BT universe 99.99% of the time all the pilot could do was to place crosshair over target then allow the battlecomputer time to align weapons up on the target then give tone when high probability of a hit on the mech, not any specific location. And while lining up the weapons the mech itself would be performing defensive moves/measures for incoming fire.

And Solaris is not about "honor", it is making that big win. Now if only PGI could add alternate firing views, allow a mech to survive with the loss of both legs, allow it to popup on one arm to fire torso and weapons mounted in the other arm and/or fire arm weapons left/right (with said weapons) or up/down....The games which had those setups was the Multiplayer Battletechs games - EGA MPBT 3025 (GEnie) and MPBT Solaris (Aol/Gamestorm). EA's MPBT 3025 was a clone MWMerc 4. Mech died with loss of leg.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 April 2018 - 02:35 PM.

#4 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

This aint Zel, its Solaris 7

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 18 April 2018 - 05:06 PM.

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

I made a good decision in refusing to play Solaris 7. I am Clan, my honour is my life, my word is my bond.

#6 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

I am a bad clanner and, I fear, a bad person.

I think every win I've had has been down to legging...

Part of that is that it's the bit you can most reliably hit when your opponent is torso twisting, part of it is because my advantage with the Mechs I play is mobility. If I can take theirs away entirely, I strengthen my own hand.

I still feel bad about it. But I do disagree with your vociferous anti-legging stance... Sounds a little like you're frustrated by something and rather than adapt, you want it gone, or to denegrate those who have done the bad thing to you.

#7 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:33 PM

be happy this isn't like early mechwarriors where 1 leg off = dead.

#8 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

Going for legs if the Enemy brings a clan mech is always the easiest way to win but i can feel your pain. Posted Image

#9 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:50 AM

I quite enjoy blowing legs off Bushwackers...

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 18 April 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

I made a good decision in refusing to play Solaris 7. I am Clan, my honour is my life, my word is my bond.

We Clans talk much of honor. Nothing is more precious to a Clan warrior than his honor. How do I define honor? Success.
Vlad Ward - Clan Wolf

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 19 April 2018 - 06:52 AM.

#11 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Spare Parts Bin, You're Clanner? Gee, if I had known that I would have raided your freezer for some Porg, and stolen some of your Mechs. Darn it. Now you tell me.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

And now it is cowardly for a heavy or assault to take up a defensive position against a light.. what is next..?

https://mwomercs.com...n-will-get-you/

Hilarious as hell.

#13 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Let's see. Quick Play. Lights love picking on an Assault, and some poor slob in a medium has to come and save them.

Nobody here to help now.....poor Big Boy. Try not to cry. Just because you waddle around like a fat (deleted) does not make you weak. Light Mechs get hungry too....and your Lunch.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

View PostValkaryie, on 18 April 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

solaris is about being a gladiator and as such going straight for the legs is pretty much a low move and wouldnt be tolerated in cannon if your true mech warriors legging is atune to a nut shot and should be banned from solaris matches as a win if you cant hit ct or arms to the back your not playing solaris as per cannon. if all your gonna do is leg your not a worthy mechwarrior fight it out lose or win with honour dont be one of those pilots that fight below standards of solaris legging is low and unworthy of a win in the column

so dont kill your opponent the quickest way possible so you can get to the next match and do it again...

Posted Image

#15 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:12 AM

I do not blame a heavy or assault for putting their back to the wall. Taking advantage of cover or a wall to shore up a weakness is not cowardice but tactical thinking.

#16 Duke78

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBremen - Germany

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:56 AM

Completely aside from canon, lore, honor etc. it makes Solaris 7 straightforward BORING if it just becomes a legging party. Fighting each other with torso twisting and weapon skills and knowing your mech was fun at the beginning. In many cases, now it´s just about who is able to leg his opponent quicker. Three out of four matches I encounter another anklebyter. If I do, I retaliate appropriately, but I do not enjoy the win.
If it goes on like this, Solaris 7 will soon become a pretty deserted game mode. Sorry anklebyters, but you are taking the fun out of the game for yourself and the other players.

#17 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:38 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 18 April 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

Exactly this and:

-- More loadtimes than playtime
-- Meta as a whole is even worse than in FP/QP
-- the bugs that are around weight even heavier in solaris than they do in normal qp/fp
> getting shoot by a mech from the front getting killed by beeing cored from the back
> shooting a mechs arm, mech dies without internals
> generaly shooting a fresh mech that now dies with intact armor but no internals
> shooting mechs that you can not hit no matter what and just getting killed without beeing able to do anything about it
> overheat dmg progressing even when your heat is down again

Didn't even do 20 games on solaris and got all those bugs, so I see no reason to play it.
Its just the usual pgi garbage pile of hot steaming >beeeeeep<

Edited by The Basilisk, 22 April 2018 - 04:41 AM.

#18 Moist One

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationPanties

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:45 AM

I feel for you guys not enjoying Solaris 7. I have been playing it not stop for the last 24 hours.

I agree that legging is a bit of a cheese victory but I understand why the Piranha and other lights go for the legs. It's a strategy to get inside the bigger mechs LOS.

An idea could be to have a star rating for the entertainment of the crowd. 1 star is considered dull and 5 stars entertaining. This idea is used in WWE2k16 to 18. The stars could be a SSR modifier and also give bigger pay outs.

Also the less weapons and boating a mech has could also be considered a bonus multiplier. Like bidding with the clans. If you have less then 2 types of weapon system you may also get a better reward win or lose.

It might encourage more variety rather then the classic 4 x LBX10 kodiaks and annhilators.

Anyways it's great and I encourage anyone to play it. Hope to see you there.

#19 Moist One

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationPanties

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

#20 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

I was having problems with hit detection.
So disabled CTTP congestion control which I activated previously without testing.

Posted Image

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none

To turn it off entirely.

Posted Image

This fixed my hit detection issues I was having on Oceanic and European servers

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 April 2018 - 04:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users