Why Never In The Selection List?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lahila Astravnar

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

Yep, fantastic map. Then why we can't see it in the selection list? All times the same maps. As to become a funny game very boring. Grats.

#2 FLes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:13 AM

If I had my way, there would be no voting. Maps would be picked at random, each time previous map removed from the pool, until every map gets played. Then everything starts over again.

Edited by FLes, 03 August 2018 - 02:13 AM.

#3 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:32 AM

Originally MWO did not have map voting and it sucked. Way too many players would: overheat in first 20 seconds of match, run out of bounds, plus the TKers, and no red team in sight. Not to mention full match AFKers, the chat/voip whiners, the daily forum posts grumping about, and the daily deletion of such posts, Etc.

As for TerrorMeltya never showing up, all maps appear equally but randomly.
Use paper or a spreadsheet and for every match you join - record all 4 maps offered, and both modes offered.
Be sure to circle which map and mode was selected, after you get +250 match votes recorded, then enter into a spreadsheet and you'll see for yourself.
I've done this myself to prove PGI was offering some modes more then others. I really hate a certain mode and wanted proof that it was offered more often then the others, just to vigorously wave said proof in the air, accompanied by the angry crowd of MWO players matching together to the proverbial front doors of PGI demanding a fix... but sometimes cold hard facts just blow chunks..
Because in the end I only proved myself wrong, that PGI is offering maps and modes equally, only the most popular get chosen the most and that voting works more often then not. Also gave me an entirely new perspective on how everyone perceives the map/mode voting screen is at odds with the facts of reality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users