8 replies to this topic

#1 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Honestly i understand you want heat and mechs to shut down but no one plays this map.. Its a dead map in circulation.. If you lowered the heat somewhat customers would play it..

It really needs more buildings maybe a large mining platform in the volcano area in the middle where mechs can go toe to toe from either side etc and have some sort of defense against lrms spam..

Also some larger buildings to work around on the way up would give mechs more cover to work with and would mitigate the need some what to nascar..

The heat on this map is too much to have any semblance of fun.

Edited by Samial, 11 January 2018 - 11:57 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

It may be a dea map, but it is quite fun if you play it right. Yes, you do need to learn heat management, but that is a good skill to have, no matter what map you play.

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

I can frequently enjoy this map despite the heat, even on my energy builds. I think what really makes it such an issue is that there isn't really much cover spread out through the map. The outside is easy pickings for large lasers so everybody always goes to the caldera, where ballistics reign king because its close quarters and because its very hot. The outsides are just too plainly good for energy weapons that they end up hurting the use of energy weapons on the map. I think that if they spread out a bit more cover on the outside people would be willing to fight out there more and it wouldn't be such an issue.

#4 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:18 AM

View PostSamial, on 11 January 2018 - 11:56 PM, said:

The heat on this map is too much to have any semblance of fun.

If heat is the problem, why is Tourmaline being even hotter so popular then?
Rubbelite Oasis gets picked regularly too.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:39 AM

Caustic is only too hot if you play in the center of the map, avoid the middle and it is much cooler than Torumoline (the hottest of the current maps).

90% of the map can only be considered too hot if you do not understand heat management or bring a build designed to run hot on a cold map

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostDaggett, on 13 January 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

If heat is the problem, why is Tourmaline being even hotter so popular then?
Rubbelite Oasis gets picked regularly too.

I see neither of those two maps in my rotation for days.. I disagree Tourmaline while hot is not as hot as caustic and is a lot more open and lrms can have issues there..

Mordor is the hottest map.

Rubbelite i've not played on in days no one picks it like Caustic..

View PostRogue Jedi, on 13 January 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Caustic is only too hot if you play in the center of the map, avoid the middle and it is much cooler than Torumoline (the hottest of the current maps).

90% of the map can only be considered too hot if you do not understand heat management or bring a build designed to run hot on a cold map

Everyone rushes to the middle every game if you don't you get picked off alone or lrmed to death...

I understand minorities like this map but as a whole the map is dead and the majority never goes for it unless its a mistake and too many people are trying to up their times on the map selection..

There is a difference to heat management and fun, when poor mechanics take over no one wants to play.

Edited by Samial, 13 January 2018 - 08:33 PM.

#7 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

I like Tourmaline Desert,Caustic Valley,and Mordor. Heat management must be learned and respected.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 31 January 2018 - 05:07 PM.

#8 Lahila Astravnar

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

Caustic Valley is my favorite map with Therma Terra. These maps are very alien, difficult for heat and for this reason very cool.
I can't select it because they never appear in the selection list, and I'm very angry.
There are many shot'emup video games, that who characterizes mwo is the heat management.
A pray to play it. Give an heat map in any selection please.

Edited by Lahila Astravnar, 22 March 2018 - 04:41 PM.

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

I love playing hot maps as well as cold maps. I still miss the old maps though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users