Solaris Caches

6 replies to this topic

#1 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

What is the process flow for the new solaris caches?

I've gotten two. It seems that you have to pick 1 to equip while in the cache, but not all things can be equipped (in one case the only thing that could equip was a lrm 20, not sure it even went into inventory). One I backed out of and could not re-enter. It was just gone, but I never got the impression I received any of the rewards. And in the case of a bolt-on, I know I didn't.

So, very frustrating in not knowing how this is supposed to work or if it is even working right.

Someone, please give some insight

#2 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostKitK, on 19 April 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

What is the process flow for the new solaris caches?

I've gotten two. It seems that you have to pick 1 to equip while in the cache, but not all things can be equipped (in one case the only thing that could equip was a lrm 20, not sure it even went into inventory). One I backed out of and could not re-enter. It was just gone, but I never got the impression I received any of the rewards. And in the case of a bolt-on, I know I didn't.

So, very frustrating in not knowing how this is supposed to work or if it is even working right.

Someone, please give some insight

Opposed to the old cache's, where you would get 1 random item out of the 8 in the cache the new ones give you all 4.

Bolt-ons are mech specific, and sadly it doesn't tell you what mech it's for when you get it.

#3 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

OK, that starts to make some sense then. So, I will have to hunt and hope on the bolt-on. Thanks

#4 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

I hope I am wrong. But I think this new cache system for both Solaris and Quick Play probably means none of us will score battlemech ever again . :(

I always dreamed to pull one out of a cache .

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

Yeah I don't really understand the equip button on the box either since you open the box from inventory and then you don't have a mech open. The button and it's function seeems completely bogus.

But when you open the box you get all 4 inside. I've so far gotten 3 boxes I think, one of them had just weapons and stuff, zero bolt-ons, the first two had one each.

Plus I haven't found a mech I could install either of the two bolt-ons, all the mechs that I have that support them in general don't list the two owned I know I have but just cant' see anywhere.

#6 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Seems they removed everything good from the old caches and just left the blue common stuff in.
Recently got a flamer that was labelled uncommon. Kind of hoping I won't get to see what counts as common.

Am still hoping you can get mechbays at least.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

Well, that explains my problems.

It is weird.

I have no idea what the things are that I won...I'll have to look..

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users