Clan Fp Tonnage Increased

140 replies to this topic

#21 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostWar 4H, on 21 April 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

The max tonnage in FP for Clan is showing as 240.

I was running 255 yesterday

#22 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

3 ebons and my streak dog, GLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLL

#23 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

In addition to what I said earlier about the Solaris Mad Dog...I feel also sure that the tonnage increase has nothing to do with the fact that there is currently a new Clan 60 tonner in pre-order...nothing at all to do with making Clan 60 tonners more needed...it’s all pure happenstance.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 21 April 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#24 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

two supernova/hgn, a shadowcat and a cheetah.

#25 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostMycroft000, on 19 April 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

I cleared my drop deck, and it seems I can only select mechs for my drop deck that are Division 3 mechs in Solaris, anyone else having this problem?

Click "view all" in the top left.

It's annoying but you can get around it.

#26 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 21 April 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

In addition to what I said earlier about the Solaris Mad Dog...I feel also sure that the tonnage increase has nothing to do with the fact that there is currently a new Clan 60 tonner in pre-order...nothing at all to do with making Clan 60 tonners more needed...it’s all pure happenstance.

Sounds like your alu hat is somewhat itchi of late. :D
Also dont dare to talk my new fav mech down! (you know how much i like speed Posted Image )

#27 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 19 April 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

interesting, IS does hold pretty serious advantages on some FP maps, but I'm surprised they upped it a whole 15 tons

IS loyalist complaints incoming in 3......2......1....

Actually, the only complaining I see comes from Brave Clan Warriors ™. I am not surprised.

View PostSmokeGuar, on 20 April 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

IS 100 tonners (annie mostly) were issue that was complained about. How does increasing Clan deck to 255 T solve this problem? It does not.
Neither does it affect IS advantage on knife fights. Advantage that organized groups benefit hugely.

It will be interesting reading if and when Solaris stats come available. Wild guess that IS mechs dominate those lists.

View PostSniper09121986, on 20 April 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Now that the Clans have a 20-tonner, give Derp Woof something for survivability (hitboxes or quirks, does not need to be much), restore Teddy Bear to its pre-engine desync glory and we may have a conversation. You can keep the tonnage and Anni quirks. Tonnage increase is pointless without adequate mechs to use it.

View PostHal Greaves, on 20 April 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

it would be nice if we had a 75 tonner that wasnt merely okay, tbh. The ones we have now fall into too great a niche and the gauss/ppc nerf really ruined a hard annihilator counter in the night gyr

#28 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Helps nothing when some mechs still play like **** (Dire Wolf, Timber Wolf, Night Gyr, Mad Dog, Spirit Bear hero).

#29 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

Night gyr and maddog have their niches (even after ngyr got wrecked by nerfs). Dire, timber and sb are flat out inferior to other options. Its a real shame something as iconic as timber is weaker than lighter mechs in its class.

#30 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

View PostWar 4H, on 21 April 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

The max tonnage in FP for Clan is showing as 240.

It's not a bug it's a feature.

#31 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 21 April 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

I was running 255 yesterday

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 21 April 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

It's not a bug it's a feature.

I played 255 tons yesterday as well. 255 is very good but 280 would be awesome sauce.

#32 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Chances are you are looking at your old decks weight, not available.

Thing is, it is not what "we" Clan players are saying, mercs are saying exactly the same thing. PGI's balancing act went too far and it seems they are too busy atm to properly address it.

#33 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 21 April 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

I can now bring my DWF-UV Direwolf Ultraviolent aka "Alamo" quad LBX-2s or UAC-2s, one ERLL,quad ERML, one LRM-15. I now need more MC and Hero Mechs/Omnimechs to flesh out a third Drop Deck.

I was hoping for 265 tonnage limit but 255 helps. Thanks PGI!

Hahaha thats the point of clan is OP: You can build garbage together but it still works! On IS side you have to think what you are doing, because garbage doesn't work on IS.

I'm happy to see more tonnage for Clanners, the last months they were whining too much. But the amount of useless Lurm-builds on certain map is still too high, Clammer dont think about that it seems.

But best saying was yesterday from a Clammer: "PGI just buffed IS so hard because you are all bad pilots and never could win."

He was sitting in a Lurm-Timber on Emerald Taiga Defense, we attacked with 12 men and full brawl.

So what is OP and what not?

If I'd be Clammer i would build some nice SRM-Boats & BigDakka for Emerald Defense. When get the Clan Pugs that we always will push them with their lurms and erll and high alpha vomits and a tactical "formation" called "spread all over the map for peekaboo". Learn & Adapt, Jesus Christ.

#34 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:47 AM

Limitations help to force you to be a better pilot. LRMs,ERPPCs,and ERLLs are all great at forcing the enemy to speed up. The next group to meet the enemy should be Brawlers or folks with multiple air or artillery strikes.

#35 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 21 April 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

I can now bring my DWF-UV Direwolf Ultraviolent aka "Alamo" quad LBX-2s or UAC-2s, one ERLL,quad ERML, one LRM-15. I now need more MC and Hero Mechs/Omnimechs to flesh out a third Drop Deck.

Posted Image

#36 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

I know that we were relieved to see the tonnage increase. There were times when Clans actually had to use some strategy to win and were not defacto at a huge advatgae out of the gate.

It's good that Clans are back to a clear advatage even when taking bad builds. That's a better experience for everyone.

Edited by MischiefSC, 22 April 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#37 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

well it had kind of gotten to a point where all you had to do to autowin as IS was to get 8+ people to press W and proceed to laugh your a** off as clan mechs melted before you

but I seriously doubt they cared about that, and the tonnage change is most certainly motivated by the 3x65 tonners + Hellfire deck to promote sales

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 22 April 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

well it had kind of gotten to a point where all you had to do to autowin as IS was to get 8+ people to press W and proceed to laugh your a** off as clan mechs melted before you

but I seriously doubt they cared about that, and the tonnage change is most certainly motivated by the 3x65 tonners + Hellfire deck to promote sales

Except we were smashing IS non-stop before too. For the first time as Clans you couldn't just count on overwhelming firepower advantage and mobility to just let you walk over any/all opposition without having to strategize. There were circumstances where IS had a clear advantage wave 1 you had to deal with on some maps/modes, instead of going in to every drop as Clans knowing you had the advantage regardless.
Good thing they fixed that. Historically most Clan players flounce and quit the moment things are not stacked in their favor and we can't have that. Who will bring all the LRM TBRs?

#39 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 22 April 2018 - 05:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

I take it that you do not care for my loadout or something. Please elaborate.

#40 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

First off, "we" means KCOM, not your average casual Clan puggel. Your experience on balance is totally different than most of player base.
Secondly, balance during and after Tuk2 was way off, so this is not 1st time this has happened. Actually Clan side has not enjoyed advantage in long time, reason why IS took beating was that lot of active teams were on Clan side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users