26 replies to this topic

#1 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Post your best builds per division. For now, as earlier posted, the best build for division 7 is the Vindicator 1X (2 sl, 3 hmg, 1 mrm40). The other divisions ?

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

I'm sure its nowhere near "best" but I'm having a lot of fun being able to run my 2 uac10, 2srm6, srm4 Timberwolf, maybe I'll node it at some point to see if it can get a margin of cooling ability.

#3 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

Div4:

Roughneck Reaver: 2x UAC5 + 4 Medium Lasers + BIG LIGHT FUSION ENGINE MAKE GO FAST. (Painted Red, for good measure.)

Raven Huginn: Machineguns and SRM 4s OH MYYYY. (Basic build with all the skills for defense so its ubah tanky)

Enforcer 4R: You can guess probably.

Zeus 6S: UAC10 + SRM6 ARTEM + Medium Lasers OR 2x Snub PPC + RAC/Machineguns + ROCKETS with BIG FUSION ENGINE. (Painted red as well.)

Edit: There is also so many others in other divisions below 4 that I use, that it would take up a small novels to explain and/or cover them all. Seriously, the lower Divisions are way more fun than the higher ones IMO and support bigger build variety.

Edited by AaronWolf, 20 April 2018 - 10:59 AM.

#4 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostAaronWolf, on 20 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Div4:
Raven Huginn: Machineguns and SRM 4s OH MYYYY. (Basic build with all the skills for defense so its ubah tanky)
Edit: There is also so many others in other divisions below 4 that I use, that it would take up a small novels to explain and/or cover them all. Seriously, the lower Divisions are way more fun than the higher ones IMO and support bigger build variety.

I would love to see the Huginn back again in the arena. But against a Zeus ???
Don' t be shy, post your novels !

cheers,

Inatu

#5 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Anything that can lift 40 points worth of LB-X hardware.

#6 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Playing a lot of Div 4. My ZEU-9S is pretty good (6 MPL, MRM40) https://mwo.smurfy-n...97b625db3e5409a but it's hard-countered by the LBX2 / AC2 boating Jaegers. Seriously, I'm like 52-20, and my losses are probably a solid 3/4 Jaegers shooting me to death. Even if I get in close enough, I can't get through their CT's before they can get through mine without killing myself from overheating. I can get through highlanders and banshees OK, but the damn Jaeger is giving me fits.

Going to try a BLK-7 with 6 MPL, 2 SPL, 1 LPL, and see if that does any better vs the Jaegers tonight. (https://mwo.smurfy-n...406552468bf3939) It is about equal in heat, trading the MRM for an LPL + 2 SPL, but I'll be able to minimize facetime since I don't have to hold the MRM firehose on target, and I gain more speed, armor, and cooling. Plus it's all pinpoint.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 20 April 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#7 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostInatu Elimor, on 20 April 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I would love to see the Huginn back again in the arena. But against a Zeus ???
Don' t be shy, post your novels !

cheers,

Inatu

Oh, good example; Firestarter Ember. (2x Flamer + 2x Medlas + 4 MaCHEEN-GAUNS)

No one really expects a Flamer mech it seems...even with Flamers being nerfed hard in Solaris, they really can be fun if people run a bunch of lasers and forget they have on Override.

One match was a good example.

I have not seen a lot of Hunchbacks in Div5, but when I did-it was something I did not expect. A 4P. One of my favorite variants because of...well, LIGHTSHOW SHOULDER TO THE RESCUE-but I digress, it was a odd sight to see a heavy energy build like that. And seeing it had 9 MedLas and was moving at the speed of a tortoise on a day it had some chronic arthritis; I guessed it would have a ton of heat sinks in lieu of its lack of speed.

Thankfully I was faster than he could aim in the Caves and I used cover until I could get close enough to use my Flamers.

Within a few moments of him firing into the wall as I took some damage-and me spot firing Flamers (plus some lasers and machineguns) into him, I watched him start to smoke up. And it seemed he kept all his lasers on a single button(At least it looked like it, but its hard to tell when moving fast and all of it seems to come from one spot)-as every single time he fired, it fired every single one on him (was really surprised he did not shut down). After a bit I took a huge chunk of armor off my core and I started the usual "run-dance-shoot" order of combat and before I knew it...

...he just exploded. Was expecting him to shut down again like he did in the first three minutes. But he didn't.

Otherwise I am pretty sure I would have lost, since even though I was getting good hits in-I was not dealing nearly enough damage to puncture most of his armor in the same timeframe as he could.

Since then I have been sorta plaguing everyone I get que'd against with flamers. Even though my W/L is in the gutter, its soooooo muuuuuch fuuuuuuuuun. People also freak out real quick when you start firing machineguns at them. Seeing a Riflemen or Catapult book it the second you tap a machinegun on them and completely forget about anything else-is kinda funny. Even the image of a cardboard box with flamers, machineguns and lasers duct taped to it chasing down something 3x its size is kinda comical to me.

#8 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Div 6 = Centurion AH with 1x AC20 + 3xSRM4 or Centurion A with 3x SRM6 with Artemis
Div 5 = Cataphract 4X with 4x AC5
Div 3 = Dragon 5N with 3x UAC2 or King Crab with whatever
Div 2 = KDK-3 with whatever dakka build
Div 1 = Annihilator dakka build

Edited by Zergling, 20 April 2018 - 11:56 AM.

#9 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

Div 1) Daishi 6xAC5 and another Daishi with 4xAC5, 2xERLL

P.S.
I doubt peps will post their builds if they put allot of time into it.

Edited by FrontGuard, 20 April 2018 - 12:12 PM.

#10 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 20 April 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Div 1) Daishi 6xAC5 and another Daishi with 4xAC5, 2xERLL

P.S.

Oh well, the internet :)

#11 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostFrontGuard, on 20 April 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

P.S.

Ofcourse ofcourse. Though said builds are bound to be come aware over time anyway. Reverse engineering what someone made on a chassis is not too hard, especially with recording matches.

So, in the end; them being stingy and not sharing won't matter...

MAUAHAHAHAHAHAH.

#12 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Only really been playing D2.

started out trying flamer nova, which was only in d2 died a lot read the patch notes and switched to stealth atlas,
you can figure out both builds on your own but both were fun stealth atlas won more.

Id say nova would be fine ind d2 basing things on bv (from what we can tell) but using vanilla bv after you already changed every stat in the game is like using your foot the measure feet.

Maybe its a sign they relent some day and give us mixed tech though.

#13 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Nova with 6 mpl and jumpjets. The guy outmicroed me and my atlas. Kite, twist and keep distance in the swamp. Imagine this a nova beating an atlas. 50 vs 100 tons.

Granted that it is one of the best d2 players.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 20 April 2018 - 02:00 PM.

#14 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Div 4 - Cataphract all the way.
Gorilla arms make it suck in poking, but in brawl that monstrous armor buffs do the trick. Sometimes feels bad if ypu're put against an urbie. (also one time i got owned by sneaky urbie who backshoted me, well played unknown urbie pilot)
Variation of builds is enormous. but 2x AC10 or UAC10, some med lasers and rocket launcher in head do the trick. Feel like it's one of strongest d4 mechs out there.

#15 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

Honestly myself and Serial have been having major success in Div2 with 2 ebons, running 2 LPL 6 ERML, requires a lot of coordination and aim, but i think were like 20-4 or something with our losses being to learning the meta

#16 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Div 3. Fighting against the odds, and still have yet to lose to a King Crab one on one. Optional is to drop half a ton of ammo and make those ERSLas, but that is neither here nor there. I like to dance, but my partners just can't seem to keep up!

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 April 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#17 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:31 AM

Lb20, 4xasrm6 onion iic.

So far 9-4 but i'm not doing anything special. Left-right click, twist. Rinse repeat when weapons come off cooldown.

Beat a bunch of assaults like the atlas and fafnir, but got smacked by a marauder pilot with 3 ac5s on steiner colloseum. That guy was really good.

Other than that, tbh the game mode seems boring. Adrenaline was really going for the first five matches (shaking hands etc) but by the 10th match it was starting to get stale.

#18 Wil McCullough

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:37 AM

On a separate note, its not exactly a build but i'm finding success with the "shot fake" tactic.

Most of the pilots i met had the trigger discipline to wait until i turn to shoot in order to nail my ct/st/whatever.

Managed to sneak a few close wins in by twisting halfway to face them, then quickly twisting back to the deadside.

#19 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:54 AM

View PostZergling, on 20 April 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Div 6 = Centurion AH with 1x AC20 + 3xSRM4 or Centurion A with 3x SRM6 with Artemis
Div 5 = Cataphract 4X with 4x AC5
Div 3 = Dragon 5N with 3x UAC2 or King Crab with whatever
Div 2 = KDK-3 with whatever dakka build
Div 1 = Annihilator dakka build

Meta

#20 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:11 AM

Atlas - 1x LMG, 1x MG, 1x HMG, 1x LRM-5

Use the LRM outside LMG range, then use LMG and add in MG and HMG as you close in.
Beats most other builds at ELO < 10.

Switch some ammo for a Flamer to celebrate victory if you like.

View PostRickySpanish, on 20 April 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Anything that can lift 40 points worth of LB-X hardware.

Unless you do what the opponent in my first s7 match did and waste all your LBX20 ammo sending pellets across the arena instead of closing in before opening fire.

Edited by Exilyth, 21 April 2018 - 08:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users