[Uziel Uzl-3P(C)] Modified :d

7 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn8D

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

I decided to swapped the 2 JumpJets for AMS and it's ammo. Since missiles were killing me all the time especially in long distance battles, besides the mech is fast enough at 81kps. Posted Image
Then since I could not do much damage from a distance with the LB 5-x AC, I swapped it for Rotary AC 5 that does twice the damage just shorter range, which is fine since the Mech's Aim (reticle) bounces all over the place even with +50% bonus gyro stabilizer. Then changed the light engine for XL light engine, to get more space and tonnage for Armor, CASE and HeatSinks. So my Right Arm that I keep at the enemy as shield now has twice the Armor and all my ammo is CASE protected. Yea, it generates more heat but at least I'm killing a few before they get me.
Now I'm getting some kills and sometimes surviving the battle. :Posted Image
See my screenshot: photos-app-goo-gl/e7Gw5kE04aujiyf62
(Had to change URL . for - , just copy paste into address bar and change the - for . )
BTW: I don't know what "image extensions" are allowed. the rejection pop up should tell us! Posted Image
BTW ALSO: Game needs the ability to choose a Tower Shield as equipment and of course a big Pick-AXE. o(^.^)/ No Heat , No Ammo ,Posted Image I'm gonna crack open your armor with my pick and then Axe you something. Posted Image
Oook... after testing, I found out this form is ok with google drive but not google photos... Posted Image
https://drive.google...pUJFyY2enMTmccT

Edited by Glenn8D, 20 April 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#2 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:31 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to
Medium Mech Builds.

Off-topic replies have been removed.[/mod]

#3 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

That is not a good build.

1) The RAC5 is a terrible weapon; you'd be better off with a UAC5 or UAC10, especially since UZL-3P has a -20% UAC jam chance quirk.

2) XL engines and the Uziel definitely do not mix; you turned the mech into a 'suicide box' by running it with an XL.

3) CASE and isXL engines are a total waste of tonnage; CASE doesn't prevent ammo explosions, it just prevents the damage from transferring to the next location inwards.
I mean, the CASE in a side torso only prevents the ammo explosion from destroying the center torso; it won't prevent the side torso from being destroyed. And because losing the side torso with an isXL engine destroys the mech, the CASE is totally useless.

4) one ton of ammo for your cannon isn't enough; you need at least 2 tons.

5) you don't need to have any armor on the right arm if there is nothing in it; the Uziel arms aren't going to shield damage effectively so you might aswell strip the armor and save some weight.

6) you have way too much rear armor. Lower it to a maximum of 10 per torso location (preferably even lower) so you can have more armor on the front.

Here's a much better build. If you need more ammo, drop the extra heatsink for another ton.

Edited by Zergling, 26 April 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#4 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostZergling, on 26 April 2018 - 02:00 AM, said:

1) The RAC5 is a terrible weapon; you'd be better off with a UAC5 or UAC10, especially since UZL-3P has a -20% UAC jam chance quirk.

2) XL engines and the Uziel definitely do not mix; you turned the mech into a 'suicide box' by running it with an XL.

All good points, these two repeated because there's another problem to consider: RACs are high-facetime weapons, requiring a very long stare to deal good damage, which compounds the fragility of the XL engine and the Uziel in general. In a fragile 'Mech, the very last thing you want to do is spend more time exposed to enemy fire.

RACs can be effective in two cases:

- Your 'Mech is small enough and/or tanky enough to avoid or soak most of the return fire it'll catch for exposing that long. The Urbanmech, for example, can get away with running a single RAC5 (though it's far from the best build).

- You're carrying two of them, or one mixed with another more effective type of DPS ballistic like UACs, and have the free tonnage to take LFE rather than XL. Think 2xUAC10+1xRAC5 on an assault 'Mech, or 2xRAC5+lasers on a heavy.

Even then, it's a marginal weapon- think of it as the LRM of ballistics. It's very good at making enemies panic, and it punishes bad play harshly (failure to torso twist, in the RAC's case, because of its high DPS), but if the other guys have their heads screwed on tight they're going to ignore the pitter-patter of the rain and murder you.

It may also be worthwhile (in quickplay, at least- I honestly wouldn't want to run an Uziel in a 1v1 or 2v2 game at all, because it's too squishy compared to pretty much any other 'Mech) to just ignore the 'Mech quirks completely and use those ultra-high energy hardpoints for a pair of standard or ER PPCs, resulting in something like this. The Uziel can poptart very well; it's the only thing the chassis really excels at.

#5 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 26 April 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

just ignore the 'Mech quirks completely and use those ultra-high energy hardpoints for a pair of standard or ER PPCs, resulting in something like this. The Uziel can poptart very well; it's the only thing the chassis really excels at.

Tried twin ER PPCs. FIring two at once will fill exactly half of your entire heat bar and it takes far too long for that heat to drop. They just run too hot unless you like waiting far longer than the cooldown time of the weapon before firing again. You're better off with twin standard PPCs and trying to keep enemies from getting within 90 meters of you.

Or if you're like me, take a Heavy and Light PPC instead of two standards. Same total damage, runs half a point of heat hotter, and you save one ton for other things. The only real annoyance is that the Heavy PPC has a half second longer cooldown than the rest of the PPC family, leading to several cases of me shooting them de-synced because the Heavy was still on cooldown.

#6 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

That's interesting, tried the Uziel with dual HPPCs and it also filled half the heat bar. Assumed that was just from the high heat associated with those. Haven't really tried the mech out yet, but will post with my experience

#7 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

@Nean yeah ER-PPC and heavy PPC generate the same heat.

#8 Sekkishi

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:03 AM

What I did was:

- keep PPCs
- keep jump jets
- remove other weapons
- put 3 HMG in other slots + ammo
- put some double HS

It works quite well. It has limited range so you need patience. I either stay with group to protect them from small mechs or rush open mechs for quick kill and run or use it to flank. Since mech is quite fast it lets you re-position easily and run from dangerous situations. Also it is quite cheap change in build Posted Image

If you want more speed you can upgrade engine a bit since there is enough tonnage left but it'll cost you 3+ mill.

Edited by Sekkishi, 07 May 2018 - 05:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users