5 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

So ever since the Solaris patch my game has run into 2 major problems

1. game performance dropped like a rock. Freezes up some times for 5 seconds at a time while playing.

2. The graphics themselves got considerably worse, like really bad. the pop in is very bad. Everything looks fuzzy, washed out, muddy and flat until I get about 150m or so of something then it gets some quality but its still not what it was before.

Before patch game ran beautifully and looked amazing. I feel now like I'm playing some game from 2004 on a PC from the same era.

two screen shots. I need to get more. HPG manifold REALLY shows the problem. Like the 3d bump mapping doesn't show up until close.
http://starshipvonbr...18-16.16.18.jpg
http://starshipvonbr...18-11.26.34.jpg

Graphic settings are Very high, vsync on, motion blue off, TXAA. I've tried just using High and i've swapped between DX11 and DX9. DX9 actually made it look a bit better but the performance plummeted even more.

I'm using the newest Nvidia drivers.

Using 64bit exec

PC is as follows:
6 core Xeon @4.15ghz
12gb DDR3 ram
SB X-fi
Windows 10 Enterprise 64
SLI 980GTX

any ideas? the game is nearly unplayable for me because it runs bad and looks bad. I did run the repair tool for the game.

I will reiterate that it was NOT LIKE this before the big Solaris patch. I would have never put up with it looking like this nor running like this.

#2 Technogen

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

I can't say it looks worse for me but FPS has tanked as well. Common thing I have with you is the 980. Polar Domination normally I would get 60 to 100 FPS last night I was getting 23.

#3 Akhael

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPérigord Noir

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Same thing here. I have a GTX 1060 and my FPS has drop to 10-15 since patch Posted Image
Game is unplayable...

Edit to notify my problem is solved. The comp was running on the intel chipset ! I also updated the nvidia drivers and the game is now more beautiful than ever Posted Image

Edited by Akhael, 29 April 2018 - 01:50 PM.

#4 Linwe

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 20 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

Posted Image

For me it looks like that since the patch

GTX 770 4gb
Win 7 64 bit

The graphics settings don't really affect this, whatever I chose I get same untexturised stuff.

#5 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

Try deleting the shader cache, that sometimes works for me after a patch.

On Win7 thats in C:\Users\Yo Username\Saved Games\Pirhana\MechWarriorOnline\Shaders\Cache

Once deleted restart the game and a new cache will be created, optimized for the current patch.

#6 Linwe

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 20 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:06 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 01 May 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Try deleting the shader cache, that sometimes works for me after a patch.

On Win7 thats in C:\Users\Yo Username\Saved Games\Pirhana\MechWarriorOnline\Shaders\Cache

Once deleted restart the game and a new cache will be created, optimized for the current patch.

Thank you for advice, doesn't help, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users