• The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

Switching panels for:

1. Hide and show up obstacles.
2. Open and close wolftraps.
3. Drawbridge activation.
4. activation for AC5 turrets, SRM 3, 2xML, autoflamers.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

I think the original Steiner Arena, the one from the bord game, had walls that would randomly pop up or go down each turn. That was a lot of fun. One turn you where in cover, the next wide open.
Don't know if that is doable in the engine.

As for your other suggestions, not such good ideas. Wolftraps would be an instand kill. Thats boring and dosn't reflect skillfull playing.
Drawbridges...not quite a fan of it but could work.
Turrets....no, just no. The current turrets have such a bad habbit of CTing that it could kill a player without the other player beeing involved. As with wolftraps I don't like things where the result of the match isn't comming from skilled play but is at random.

What I would like to see for the Davion Arena is skidding on ice while running. Not falling down but just sliding in the last direction you where moveing in when you went to fast on the ice.
Just imagne an Atlas powersliding around you ^_^

What I would realy like to see is the ->[S7] Test B<- map beeing finalised and then beeing used for a 12 people "Free for all".

Another idea would be a map that is similar to what I made for the tabletop call "4 season" (you may now guess what I had for lunch that day).
Its one map divided into 4 parts that each have their own climate and are only accecable through two "doors" that open and close.

Overall some modes where we have each player on his own but more then one oponent would also be nice.

#3 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

I think a dense forest like on forest colony would be interesting. Lots of options for stealth and cover which we dont have with the current maps.

A scaled down HPG Manifold would have more variety in height differences than Steiner Colosseum. I like mech factory because sometimes you can really use the upper rafters to get the drop on opponents.

Block fort from Mario Kart 64. Seriously tho, lets see how the 100t turret meta deals with that!
Posted Image

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Interesting layout maybe a little bit more cover would be nice for ranged duels or when you are in a brawler and want to evade ranged people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users