13 replies to this topic

#1 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

So solaris earnings are crap.
Well I have only had 20 matches but so far the payouts are bad!
Does it get better as you climb the ranks?

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thats something I would like to know too. Also how are Patrons and Sponsors scaleing later on.

#3 Krokozor

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Oh it's fine. I got gazillion decals and this is what i want to. Also in boxes i found 200 MC two times. Feel more than rewarded for playing. New boxes are awesome.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:27 AM

Seriously, what have I done that I only get trash in my boxes? MASC for example. I don't even have a mech that could use it.

Beside that, how do you earn better boxes? So far I only got common boxes but I know there are rare and so on. Is random what kind of box you get?

If so I would like to have a system where I can just refuse to open a box and instead of getting a new one I can upgrade my box with the next 1000 points.

Edited by Nesutizale, 22 April 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#5 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Well, I have only just begun playing Solaris, but I would expect the rewards to be lower. In a standard match you have more targets, thus more chance to deal damage, more chance for kill assists, more components to destroy and more kills to steal claim. In Solaris you have, at the most, 2 targets. That is a hefty drop in potential earnings, and if PGI upped the earnings for Solaris people would soon start farming C-bills through it.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 21 April 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thats something I would like to know too. Also how are Patrons and Sponsors scaleing later on.

My sponsor gives me a solid 1000 c-bills extra. Posted Image

#7 Naqser

• PipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 22 April 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well, I have only just begun playing Solaris, but I would expect the rewards to be lower. In a standard match you have more targets, thus more chance to deal damage, more chance for kill assists, more components to destroy and more kills to steal claim. In Solaris you have, at the most, 2 targets. That is a hefty drop in potential earnings, and if PGI upped the earnings for Solaris people would soon start farming C-bills through it.

I doubt even doubeling, perhaps even tripeling, the c-bills and xp earned, would make people migrate to Solaris in droves.
I'd be ok with a larger Solaris pop though.

#8 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

Well, to be honest overall earnings across the game could do with a 50% - 80% raise, but that is another issue entirely.

#9 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

I'm in agreement with a base increase to Solaris match rewards. Top performers should get *more* than average earnings, not barely as much as a typical Quick Play match.

A Quick Play match takes ~2 minutes average to go from pressing Play to being given control of my 'Mech. The match lasts no longer than 15 minutes, and most are probably closer to 8 minutes. I probably earn 200k CBills average, or 350k+ if I pop my coolshots(80k worth). On a loss, I can probably still earn 150k if I do well, and I do more often than not, with losing being already less likely than winning. Also, losses usually take less time, either because we got rolled, or because I can jump to another match if I got destroyed before the match is over. So, average earnings of probably right around 200k for 10 minutes.

Solaris matches probably have an average queue time of about 40 seconds. I'd say 30 seconds, but sometimes you end up waiting in the queue a second time on priority due to being the "odd man out". Then another ~20 seconds of map voting. Then another 10 seconds at the pre-match scoreboard. Then another 20 seconds of cut scene. So, honestly, about the same total amount of time as a Quick Play match to get from pressing Play to being given control of my 'Mech. The matches themselves last no longer than 10 minutes, with most probably being closer to 6 minutes(for me anyway, I have to stick and move, mostly, because I generally don't play in Assaults). Average match rewards are ~50k for a strong win, and maybe 16k for a strong showing on a loss. Win/loss is far more even in Solaris too. Even though I've had a strong showing in my Quickdraw so far, the SSR system in use tends toward placing pilots at a 1:1 W/L ratio, unless I'm a truly top tier pilot(I'm not), which will mean my average match earnings will be ~40k if I do very well in every match I play, with half of my matches being losses, over the long term.

Add about a minute to both total times because it takes a minute to reload the 'Mech lab before I can launch another match.

So, 200k for about 11 minutes, or 40k for about 9 minutes. It's easy to see the Solaris match rewards are absolute junk. Even adding 10 sponsors at 2% each will only increase my CBill earnings to about 48k average per match. We are *way* off from fair rewards.

It's worth noting that all these example numbers are using Hero 'Mechs, and do include that 30% CBill boost.

#10 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 22 April 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

Seriously, what have I done that I only get trash in my boxes? MASC for example. I don't even have a mech that could use it.

Beside that, how do you earn better boxes? So far I only got common boxes but I know there are rare and so on. Is random what kind of box you get?

If so I would like to have a system where I can just refuse to open a box and instead of getting a new one I can upgrade my box with the next 1000 points.

I like this idea.

I'm thoroughly confused by the Supply Caches I've gotten so far. Looking at the patch notes, the yellow caches I've received so far from Solaris, should all be "Ultra Rare" and yet I've only gotten junk out of them so far. Are the Solaris caches an exception, or is "Ultra-Rare" just an allusion to my chance of receiving something worth the effort from these caches being "Ultra-Rare"?

Edited by Throe, 24 April 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#11 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 23 April 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Well, to be honest overall earnings across the game could do with a 50% - 80% raise, but that is another issue entirely.

No, earnings across the game do not to be raised, unless you want to pay a monthly subscription, PGI have to keep the lights on, premium time is a big part of that.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

View PostDarky101, on 21 April 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

So solaris earnings are crap.
Well I have only had 20 matches but so far the payouts are bad!
Does it get better as you climb the ranks?

Once you climb up the levels and get enough sponsors, Solaris actually earns you decent amount of money fast. Best of all, no consumables in Solaris so there will be no deductions from my earnings! 60-70K per 1-2 minutes of actual fight is great deal. Those letter decals I earn from Solaris crates are cherry on top.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 01 May 2018 - 08:36 PM.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Are these winning with premium time and the cockpit items or without?

Currently I sometimes have matches that are similar but only because of premium time and item.

#14 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

I agree, Solaris earnings are much better now, I got paid 99k for 4 components destroyed and 621 dmg with 4 sponsors and Premium Time at Rank 6. With improved loading times and hopefully constant stream of opponents the money is good.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 02 May 2018 - 03:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users