I'm Callin' You Out, Butch!

5 replies to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

Let me issue challenges from the leaderboard. Person gets a notice they can accept or decline. The matchmaker then prioritizes you or you can create a private match in a division and have it count, affect Elo and reflect as a "call out" on the player card.

Solaris *needs* this. You need to be able to call out a specific player for a duel. It should be something you can see on their card. If a rank 5 guy ignores a callout from rank 100, so what. But rank 6? 7?

Also the results of those challenges. If someone has won 100 and lost 5 I want to see who they lost the 5 to, and the builds involved.

I know it's probably a hassle but I need this and I need to be able to look at player cards and match histories from the web client.

You want people to be able to invest in players and divisions and teams and rankings. To do that I need to be able to pour over that stuff when I'm not plugged in to game - because if I'm in the MWO Client I would likely rather be playing my own matches.

Give us the tools to drive rivalries and challenges and duels in a ranked environment and see the results. People will spectate matches and stream them - you've already got that stuff in place. What I need now is a way to swim in the rankings and match histories when I'm not in MWO.

THAT is taking Solaris to the next level as a spectator e-sport.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Yes to challanging other players to a duel. Sure you have to be in the same division but yes.

#3 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

...and for sure none of the players would exploit this.

#4 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 21 April 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

...and for sure none of the players would exploit this.

How? Elo still works. The matches are recorded on your player card.

So you work your way up with great effort to 1800 Elo. Your buddy started at 1500. You play and you throw the matches to boost his Elo. You lose a crap ton of Elo, he gains a moderate amount. Rinse and repeat until he's at 160p and you'reat about 1650, because you lose more than he gains.

Great. You've lost 30 matches of grinding to get back (at least, assuming you're actually better than 1800 Elo in skill) to save him 10 more matches. All of which will last until you've both played a clue dozen non-fixed matches which will start moving you toward your correct value.

It would be incredibly stupid and no real value. It would also he obvious on your player card and likely get you banned - same way trying to "fix" FW matches can be done by sync dropping but would get you banned.

Nothing really to exploit.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

From what I understand with the ELO system I would also say that if you try to artifical boost someones ELO it will hurt you more in the end.

Only exception I could see to this is people running two account and fight themself. They could boost ELO and Lootboxes for one of their accounts, though when they start normal matches the ELO they have gained would match them with people who are better and they will go back to the ELO they belong to.
Only benefit would be easy to get Lootboxes.

#6 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 22 April 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

From what I understand with the ELO system I would also say that if you try to artifical boost someones ELO it will hurt you more in the end.

Only exception I could see to this is people running two account and fight themself. They could boost ELO and Lootboxes for one of their accounts, though when they start normal matches the ELO they have gained would match them with people who are better and they will go back to the ELO they belong to.
Only benefit would be easy to get Lootboxes.

At a cost of getting banned.

Not too worried about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users