Anti Cheat Software

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hrovin

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

you need to seriously add so very good anti cheat software. cheating is rampant. now many of us have noticed lots of laggy mechs that cant be hit because they shift so eratically but seem to have no problem hitting you. along with the never miss, jumping dual ppc huntsman, the cant seem to ever get through their armor cheat. its just ridiculous. please do something about the rampant cheating. I realize you don't want to kick players because they spend money but you have lots of good players and its sad they have to endure this crap. oh I know you can report someone but that is just as pointless as trying to beat a cheater.

#2 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

Use ER PPCs for 100 matches straight, and you won't really miss with them much either. Especially after the velocity buff.

Anti-cheat software can't nerf people who spend a lot of time practicing their aim, use a decent mouse, and play with low sensitivity.

I'm all for rooting out and squashing any actual cheats though, real cheats aren't cool. Skilled players who can aim like a pro however, are cool.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

OP: The developers do keep an eye out for these uncool individuals, and have caught them. I've seen the results, and even top notch players or seemingly top notch players have been banned. They take cheating very seriously, and every so often, about once or twice a year they send out a warning, and the cheaters seem not to listen. Bang. Door shut, bye bye.

#4 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

I am concerned more about the aiming cheats that many people are using.
This can be identified easily if you are spectating after being killed, or watching some U-Tube videos.
You will notice the aiming reticle will dart towards the target on it's own, clearly not being 'aimed' by the player.
This may be minor vs the other hacks the OP mentioned, but it does give the cheater an unfair 'easy targeting' advantage.
[Redacted]
Peace All (and a little less peace to the cheaters)

Edited by draiocht, 30 April 2018 - 09:03 PM.
unconstructive, discussion of cheating details

#5 Hrovin

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:57 AM

hey spnkrgrenth I use er ppcs a lot. however I cant jump shoot both and hit center torso every time like it seen from a bunch of huntsmans. every shot hits ct. every time. and it is twice as bad in solaris.

kalimaster. I wish that were true. but cheating is so prevalent in almost every match you can pick out an aimbot or an armor cheat. hell one match I had a pirahana jump up on platform and kill me. pirahanas cant jump. there was no other way up. and they do not ban cheaters as often as you think. if those cheaters are buying mc and mechs they are making money. they need to publish the people they ban but they wont. as long as they make money from them.

#6 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Suspected in-game misconduct may be reported through the player context-menu on the scoreboard screen or by emailing moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details available. Further information may be found in the PGI Support Articles: https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct
[mod]As this topic is directing towards discussion on cheating,
which is not permitted on the forums,
this thread is now closed.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users