Huntsman Pa Hero Mech

5 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

As there is currently yet another sale and as I was taking a look at the different hero Mechs to improve my income, can anybody please tell me whether the Huntsman PA hero that is currently on sale is any good?

I can envision a 4SRM6 with 3 MPL build, maybe. Have not played around with Smurfy, yet. Or are there any other pretty good builds?

#2 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

The most common build seen on the Pakhet is 8 missile hardpoints all loaded with SRM4s for maximum alpha potential.

#3 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 17 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

As there is currently yet another sale and as I was taking a look at the different hero Mechs to improve my income, can anybody please tell me whether the Huntsman PA hero that is currently on sale is any good?

I can envision a 4SRM6 with 3 MPL build, maybe. Have not played around with Smurfy, yet. Or are there any other pretty good builds?

Off the top of my head, I can not think of the build I use in QP and FP. I will post it when I see my computer again.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 17 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

A Huntsmen, any of them, can do a lot of different things. They are a really good chassis overall and has a lot of flexibility.

As far as the hero mech specifically, your build certainly could work. I personally have four SRM4s and two ERLLs, but I'm a weirdo like that. Honestly, my favorite build I have is done up on the Huntsmen Prime (stock pods), with four ERMLs and two LRM15s. but that's my taste.

A Huntsmen can do well with just about any role given to it. The current meta for it is six ASRM6s or eight (A?)SRM4s. Less than meta is using it like a jumping Mad Dog/Archer. But that also isn't to say it can't boat lasers, as I have two builds personally that use only lasers on it. A dual HLL and dual ERML (with an LRM10), as well as another build with a single LPL and four MPLs (I believe). It can even do a bit of ballistic building, with a single heavy ballistic coupled with lasers (most likely).

The Hero just opens up more missile hard points on the side, but is otherwise like most any other Huntsmen with the wonderful added bonus of 30% extra C-bill earning.

I recommend the Huntsmen, in nearly any of it's forms. They are all good (considering it's an Omni-mech and all).

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

I love the HMN-PA

as implied there are only 2 reasons to get this mech:

1) 8 missile hardpoints. Above all else, this is really the reason to get it. 8x SRM6 is completely viable (and hilarious when you are close enough to use it). If you are not into this idea, then that leads to...

2) You really like the Huntsman in general and want a c-bill boost version of it. If you are not going to use the 8x missile build, then just about anything else you can cook up can be done for free on a non-hero HMN.

#6 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

Well, I did buy that Mech and am slowly skilling it up. What I was looking for was a c-bill boost version of a relatively powerful Mech with a straightforward gameplay. While skilling up (and while I do not have enough money) I am playing with 4 ASRM6 and 2EML, because I want to have the 2.5% exp boost. It is not much, but everything counts. :) When I actually do have enough money to afford everything, I will look at making this into an SRM mit 8 SRMs. And whether I can actually play that. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users