17 replies to this topic

#1 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Whats the go here? surely its been said, but this is ridiculous. Not just Assaults but any mech, stripped in seconds from (12) mgs. How is this allowed to continue?

I am not arguing about a lights maneuverability or ability to hit them. Simply the ease of mgs to destroy a 2/3 or 4 times heavier mech in seconds (like 10)

Seems incredibly unrealistic and spoils the game imo.

#2 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

You know what else is unrealistic? Giant robots as big as the Annihilator only weighing 100 tons.

You know what actually spoils the game? People who complain about tactics that aren't even meta. If you have such a problem with freaking pirahnas, a SINGLE STREAK SRM LAUNCHER is all you need to deal with them.

Why are you just complaining about this now by the way? Shadowcats, Blackjacks and King Crabs have all been capable of doing 9 DPS proper with similar loadouts to Pirahnas. Is it just because it's 3 more DPS than before that it's suddenly a problem?

#3 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:26 PM

single streak, cheers I'll give it a crack. I still think mgs are way overpowered. Surely a heavy mech (stripped of armour) would have significant durability vs mgs. It defeats the purpose of running an assault.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

If a Clan Mech or Omnimech can pack 4 ballistics then twin UAC-5s plus twin LMGs, backed up with energy or missles that is pure love there.

#5 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

12x cMG is 12.0 DPS, that is only 120 damage over 10 seconds of firing.

Why exactly where you staring at the Piranha without twisting, allowing it to core your CT?

And why weren't you able to kill such a fragile mech in the 10 seconds it is staring at you, with your far stronger firepower?

#6 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostZergling, on 04 May 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

Why exactly where you staring at the Piranha without twisting, allowing it to core your CT?

And why weren't you able to kill such a fragile mech in the 10 seconds it is staring at you, with your far stronger firepower?

Or they just charge you hug your crotch and kill you because you cant depress your guns far enough.

#7 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

View PostBolter01, on 21 April 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

single streak, cheers I'll give it a crack. I still think mgs are way overpowered. Surely a heavy mech (stripped of armour) would have significant durability vs mgs. It defeats the purpose of running an assault.

Having a wingman also works like a charm, although it does not always happen in QP.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#8 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 30 May 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Having a wingman also works like a charm, although it does not always happen in QP.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

In QP most of the time you are lucky when you do not have team mates shoot you at inopportune times.

#9 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

when they hit c-bills you will see changes

#10 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostZergling, on 04 May 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, pull the other one, it has bells on it. You spend 10 seconds twisting and turning, trying to put your back against a wall while they run circles around you and hide under you. On the rare chance they do run straight at you and you hit them with dual AC/20s you stare in amazement as their their damage counter drops a whopping 2%. Or you hit them with everything (I've alpha striked a machine gun light with 3 med pulse and dual LBX10) for a zero percent damage drop. Both were close range (less than 200 meters) and yes, the cursor turned red signifying a hit.

I just power down now and let them have their kill. Not worth the frustration.

Edited by The 4th Amigo, 31 May 2018 - 07:33 PM.

#11 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

I also think that 8 or even 12 MGs shouldnt be that devastating against ANY mech wich armor isn't
stripped already...

Edited by Thrudvangar, 31 May 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#12 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:14 AM

8-12 damage per second plus lasers can be devastating.

#13 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

I believe the deal is that MGs are not great for breaking through the first hardest level of outside armor.

That is why you want to attack a mech that is already damaged. MGs are really good at tearing the insides out.

#14 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

Things you can do:

1. Call for help.
2. Back yourself to a wall, so he has to face your front.
3. Aim & shoot.

#15 Tranderas

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostThe 4th Amigo, on 31 May 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, pull the other one, it has bells on it. You spend 10 seconds twisting and turning, trying to put your back against a wall while they run circles around you and hide under you. On the rare chance they do run straight at you and you hit them with dual AC/20s you stare in amazement as their their damage counter drops a whopping 2%. Or you hit them with everything (I've alpha striked a machine gun light with 3 med pulse and dual LBX10) for a zero percent damage drop. Both were close range (less than 200 meters) and yes, the cursor turned red signifying a hit.

I just power down now and let them have their kill. Not worth the frustration.

This is a key disadvantage of playing an assault or a bigger heavy. If you have an issue, consider either improving your aim or playing different classes of mechs as all mechs will have some sort of disadvantage like this. For example, the lights the thread was created to complain about are incredibly fragile and are crippled by a single well-aimed alpha from anything bigger than a Hellbringer. Mediums are stuck in the middle- they can't chase lights yet they get out-alpha'd by assaults. Heavies are big and clunky- prime targets for LRMs and gauss.

What I hear from this thread is "I don't want the game to have variety in builds because everything should fight everything else with no advantages or disadvantages" and that's just wrong.

#16 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

What sucks is when you run out of ammo....lol. I just dropped two MGs and added another 1/2 ton of MG ammo because of this game.

#17 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Most Piranhas I see run with 8k ammo for the 12x MGs, and they are almost always running out...

#18 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostTranderas, on 01 June 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

This is a key disadvantage of playing an assault or a bigger heavy. If you have an issue, consider either improving your aim or playing different classes of mechs as all mechs will have some sort of disadvantage like this. For example, the lights the thread was created to complain about are incredibly fragile and are crippled by a single well-aimed alpha from anything bigger than a Hellbringer. Mediums are stuck in the middle- they can't chase lights yet they get out-alpha'd by assaults. Heavies are big and clunky- prime targets for LRMs and gauss.

What I hear from this thread is "I don't want the game to have variety in builds because everything should fight everything else with no advantages or disadvantages" and that's just wrong.

I understand that, however if I hit something I expect to damage it. If the alpha doesn't work then what? A light shouldn't shrug off dual AC20 or LBX-10 hits and then take me from 98% armor to dead in a few seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users