• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:25 AM

I will not sugarcoat it:
Currently, tiers are entirely broken.
It hugely favors higher weight mechs.
So what I want to suggest is to make each tier divide in and of itself, at least for those where weight disparities are too large.
My suggestion is:
Instead of only T1, you have T1A, T1B,T1C and T1D.
Based on winrates for mechs (which PGI can track automatically and then write an algorithm for) it will place mechs into these four subtiers.
That way, mediums no longer have to fight heavies and are destined to lose.

Alternatively, make tiers dynamic, so if a mech in T4 is consistently having a winrate of, say, 30% disparity between its winrate and the average/median winrate, then it will get kicked one tier lower. Same with mechs that score way above it (The Grey Death comes to mind)

#2 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

If all players played no problem but at max I have only seen 20 people. Most float around 10 or less people. Ie people facing the same person over and over again so dividing it even more good luck getting a match

#3 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

There are some mechs that need some adjustment on their Tier ranking, but that is something that can be done as an iterative thing based on each 1-3 months.

No point scattershotting the playerbase even further which would kill the queue activity.

PS: I frequently win against the YLW and SHD-GD with my VND-1SIB, which in turn is vulnerable to some SDR and URB pilots.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

Yes don't scatter players even more. I mostly have 3-4 people, max I had was 8, for solo to match and in 2v2 I mostly have 1-2 teams that are online.
Sometimes I even jump between devisions to find people.

Personaly I would prefer to have the option to go "devisionless".
Meaning that I choose a mech of my likeing and no matter what division the other player is in I get matched with him as long as the ELO is similar.
That and a stock league with no devisions at all ^_^

Edited by Nesutizale, 23 April 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#5 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:37 AM

If developers wont find a way to increase population, none will play even play even 7 divisions.

As for me, I wish I could face some very good players but in a mech to make our chances equal. I vote for divisionless: glory and elo (cbills and mc) to ppl who can outskill someones overweight.

Edited by calmdawn, 23 April 2018 - 02:58 AM.

#6 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:55 AM

View Postcalmdawn, on 23 April 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

If developers wont find a way to increase population, none will play even even 7 divisions.

As for me, I wish I could face some very good players but in a mech to make our chances equal. I vote for divisionless: glory and elo (cbills and mc) to ppl who can outskill someones overweight.

Then nobody would ever play assaults? It's easy enough to face most overweight matchups that rewarding it is just calling for everyone to switch to using lights. I do fairly well in my urbanmech against the majority of mechs that I face, especially if they're heavy weight class mechs.

Edited by GX9900 Gundam X, 23 April 2018 - 01:58 AM.

#7 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:16 AM

Thats so unfair. The Urbie uses magic to beat even the heaviest of mechs ^_^

#8 calmdawn

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

View PostGX9900 Gundam X, on 23 April 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Then nobody would ever play assaults? It's easy enough to face most overweight matchups that rewarding it is just calling for everyone to switch to using lights. I do fairly well in my urbanmech against the majority of mechs that I face, especially if they're heavy weight class mechs.

Top players would use assaults against each other. And regular players could use assaults vs top players in smaller mechs. There is no chance for me to face and beat a good player besides taking a better mech.

Also, in far-far future, why not to fight 2 vs 3 for greater rewards!

Edited by calmdawn, 23 April 2018 - 03:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users