Suggestion; Stop Matching The Same People After 2 Matches In A Row In A Specific Time Period

8 replies to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

Seriously, no one likes getting the same guy 5x. That's pretty boring.

#2 Hexeter

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

That's the issue that many people are having right now and it's really making this Game Mode a lot less fun than it could be. I have stopped playing after about 45 minutes most evenings because all I get are the same two opponents over and over and over. Or I get kicked to Oceanic Servers and suffer ridiculous lag, then back to the same Duo again. There are just not enough people playing Solaris right now across 7 Divisions.

#3 zugnish

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Yeah - I've had this happen a lot in lower Divs, even when the queue has 10 or more people. I think it tries to match you against players with similar skill ratings, but they didn't consider that this would tend to result in you seeing the same player over and over again.

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

Problem is manyfold I think.
1) ELO System matching you with people of similar stats
2) Not enough people

#5 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:42 PM

I Think it is fun to get a re-match when I have lost, but I completelly understand that some pilots end up loosing badly time after time. This is completelly dicouraging and also making the learing curve really steep for new players.

The solution is a new feature where the player can opt-out of a rematch in the coming 2-5 matches.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:49 AM

Rematches can range from frusttrating to very interesting.
When I was matched against a guy with a 3.x W/L while I was about 0.6...that was bad. Espacialy when I got him again and again.

Then I had several matches against a person that was using the same mechs as me and similar W/L but he used an XL and lost two matches in short succession. I told him in chat to exchange the reactor. When we meet for the third time I used the tactic that brought me two wins so far and nope, he did change the reactor and get me of guard as I was quite certain of my victory.
That is when rematches become interesting.

So fighting the same people multiple times can be good and bad.

#7 Codeine Radick

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 84 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty (Alberta)

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

I get the same gamey leg destroyer 5 times in a row. Kills it for me. I was actually having fun, too.

#8 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 22 April 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Seriously, no one likes getting the same guy 5x. That's pretty boring.

I had something like 4 or 5 matches against the same guy on one of my first nights playing. I still remember his name. I had a lot of fun fighting him. At one point, he even acknowledged that he knew I was going to win as soon as he saw my user name, despite having beaten me at least once before that(the matches were that close).

Would fight him again, no problem. Much fun.

Multiple matches against the same opponent in close succession would only bother me if the matches were all one sided. Either me winning all of them, or the other pilot winning all of them. But, the rating system is set up to automatically avoid that, because your ratings change based on match outcomes. The further apart your rating from that of a potential opponent, the less likely you are to be matched against that opponent.

So there's already a mechanism in place to deal with your complaint, essentially.

#9 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

I'm ok with back to back games. Kinda rematch if you will. But I like Scout was getting that same guy 3 to 4 times. got to the point id just go play another Teir for one or two games so I didn't have to fight the same guy over and over

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users