8 replies to this topic

#1 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 03:04 PM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

1) Because random
2) Not that I know, also asked for that beeing visible.
3) Not that I know, for that you would need an inventory to sell them from
3b) To put them on mechs? The same question could be asked for decals and colors.

#3 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

Honestly, im a programmer and even I am confused.

I earned a supply cache, chose the horns, didnt notice what mech they were from.
Supply cache is gone, they dont show up under bolt ons when I choose a S7 Pack mech.
There must be somewhere to see what bolt ons I own, but where?

#4 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

[deleted by user]

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

Yes bold ons are for one mech only but do you use all the decals on all mechs too?
What if you don't use colors or decals? Do you aspect to be able to sell them?

So in this regard their are similar. Not everything you have can be sold, that is the similarity and that both items are cosmetic, not gamechangeing.

#6 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

[deleted by user]

#7 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

Here's my opinion on bolt-ons:

For me, bolt-ons are the biggest disappointment so far in MWO!

1) Bolt-ons are too specific - every single one only fits one mech and only one location
2) They don't clearly state which bolt-on goes where and on what mech
3) Not all mechs support bolt-ons - this makes it a half-baked, incomplete feature, which is in my opinion, unprofessional. You don't do that. It's just bad business.
4) The bolt-ons themselves are REDICULOUS! I mean seriously.. what is this, japanese robots now? Atlases with horns, wings or a submarine strapped to their back? REALLY?! Way to take something serious and make it cartoonish, childish and just outright LAME.

I understand that it's meant to promote individualism and uniqueness in Solaris matches, but you've gone waaaaaay to far!

What you should have done is given mechs distinct visual identities, based on their existing geometry.. Things like Atlas glowing eyes, different shaped plates, spiked plates (not spikes like you've done, but like.. normal spikes), or simply visually different.. not outrageous!

You turned mechs into clowns.. It's... lame.

I can't overstate my disappointment with a feature I was a big proponent off in the forums.. Posted Image

#8 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:22 AM

I disagree, it is difficult to make 3d models that fit together with other 3d models.

The bolt ons represent a lot of design work and it would take months to make a single bolt-on that fit all the mechs. It would essentially be creating 200 items and releasing as one general bolt on. The possibility for errors would be massive.

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

View PostSurn, on 05 May 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

I disagree, it is difficult to make 3d models that fit together with other 3d models.

The bolt ons represent a lot of design work and it would take months to make a single bolt-on that fit all the mechs. It would essentially be creating 200 items and releasing as one general bolt on. The possibility for errors would be massive.

I understand that, but then you make a bolt-on for a specific mech, and you make it CLEAR what mech it's for.. Also, you don't release bolt-ons as a feature for only a select few mechs... you wait, do it properly, and release with at least something for all the mechs!

Also.. you make them properly, not cartoonish and absurd.. like who would, in their right mind, strap a submarine to the back of an atlas?!

Or those absurdly ugly wings?

Cages? Horns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users