Seriously Disappointed

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Gooch 1951

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

Been playing Solaris 7 now most nights since the launch and while the first day or two were fun and entertaining it has gone way downhill since. Divisions are a total mess and it seems like the diversity in builds has all but disappeared. It is also seeming like there are very few players, I played 4 matches in a row against the same and only opponent in the que. It is looking like if the issues in Solaris are not addressed its going to be a dead game mode before the end of the first season. As it stands now it is just not fun.

I have not spelled out the issues in this post because there are other posts on this board that have done a great job of highlighting the problems in Solaris. I just needed to vent because I was really excited for Solaris. At this point I am going back to quick play and will maybe come back to Solairs if the issues are addressed.

#2 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Well, I agree Solaris 7 is not exactly as well balanced as Quick Play, I also agree changes could be made to improve the game to make things more fun and less spamming.

Would like to hear more about your point of view.

#3 The Gooch 1951

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

For the most part clan mechs are under represented. While I have played a lot of IS mechs in the past I have moved over to the clans, selling all of my IS inventory. If I want to play in 4/7 divisions I have to use an IS mech and rebuild its skill tree from scratch. Other tiers where clan mechs are allowed have a VERY limited selection. Putting a Huntsman up against an Atlas the Atlas will win every time regardless of pilot skill or individual build. For me at least, the lack of clan options is extremely frustrating. I really like the idea of having weight classes of more evenly matched mechs, might have to leave out ones like the Annihilator, but it will level the playing field a bit. There have been several matches where I am running my Supernova or Highlander IIC where I am matched up against a tiny light mech. Only choice I really have is to back into a corner to avoid the circle of death and hope that my opponent does not get so close to me that I can not hit him with my weapons. In most of those matches where I did not back into a corner the tiny light would get close enough where I could not hit him while circling me taking both of my legs. Great strategy for taking down heavies and assaults but extremely frustrating for the players running larger mechs. For the most part, mediums are useless in Solaris in the upper 4 tiers.

#4 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:00 AM

I only have a Hellbringer for Div 3. I got some wins with my Heavy mech and I am currently done with Solaris 7 unless major changes happen. I think the basic concepts of the mechs were designed originally for 12 v 12 matches, do you feel that most divisions are not making sense, its like only some mechs will win most of the time?

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

Need 1 div per weight class and a 5th open division.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users