Lights Vs Assualt

11 replies to this topic

#1 abrahamlincoln

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

So if i que in a mistlynx into division 2 I end up fighting a heavy or assualt who instantly backs up into a wall.

Ok, well running striaght at them is suicide so I back off and wait for them to get bored. Except they dont always and then we sit there for 10 minutes because both parties believes that engageing the other is a losing fight.

The heavy doesnt want to move away from their corner and the light doesnt want to make a suicide charge.

Can we make it so the pilot has to actually PILOT their mech and not just turret mode from a corner without moving?

#2 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

This is the result of overly mobilization nerfed assaults.

#3 abrahamlincoln

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

Its not just assualts i just had a timberwolf do it to me aswell. I opened his back armor, so he found a corner and sat there until time ran out. At which point I doubt I had enough ammo left to kill him from the front even if he powered down. Division 2 isnt for anything under 80 tons I guess.

#4 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

View Postabrahamlincoln, on 24 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Can we make it so the pilot has to actually PILOT their mech and not just turret mode from a corner without moving?

I'm not sure why the onus has to be on the assault pilot to make the first move. You said it yourself that both of the pilots are doing what they think is necessary for their own survival.

PGI needs to fix the divisions so that lights aren't up against assaults. We also need a division that's completely open so that anyone can run whatever mech they want.

#5 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 24 April 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

PGI needs to fix the divisions so that lights aren't up against assaults.

There's already divisions 1, 5, 6, and 7 for that.

Edited by Flutterguy, 24 April 2018 - 08:50 PM.

#6 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

View Postabrahamlincoln, on 24 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Can we make it so that Lights have to actually PILOT their 'Mech and not just hide from Heavies and Assaults who are smart enough to remove their opponent's only real advantage using terrain?

See? The same argument can be made either way. Sometimes a draw is simply preferable to fighting a battle with a severe disadvantage.

If anything, the only thing PGI should change here is to add a button on the pause menu somewhere to "Offer Draw" or "Accept Draw"(if your opponent has already offered a draw). As in chess, if both opponents agree to a Draw, then the game is a Draw, and the player with higher Elo loses rating, and the player with lower Elo gains rating. Problem solved.

Edit: I should add that if such a voluntary "Draw" function is implemented and used, players voluntarily drawing before match time out should be rewarded(CBills, XP, ACC) as if the game was a loss. Currently a Draw from match time out appears to reward both players as if they won. This would be to prevent players from farming rewards by voluntarily Drawing matches immediately at match start.

Edited by Throe, 25 April 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#7 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

PGI needs to fix the divisions so that lights aren't up against assaults.

While there are some obvious mis-matches in the divisions, I disagree that we can simply say, "Lights should never fight Assaults". There are plenty of valid match ups between Lights and Assaults which would be a real competition for both pilots.

We also need a division that's completely open so that anyone can run whatever mech they want.

I agree with this. Probably just call it Division S. Let the pilots decide which 'Mechs are best.

#8 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Such a mixed Division would just turn into Annihilator-Meta hugging another corner, if you dare to bring a light. So that doesn't have any advantages whatsoever.

#9 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

View PostNaitrael, on 25 April 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Such a mixed Division would just turn into Annihilator-Meta hugging another corner, if you dare to bring a light. So that doesn't have any advantages whatsoever.

I don't really see how this is relevant. The whole argument is simply: If you don't think you can beat any other 'Mech in the game in whatever 'Mech you feel you do best in, then don't play Division S. I think there would be massive participation in this Division from people who don't bring Annihilators.

#10 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

View PostThroe, on 25 April 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

I don't really see how this is relevant. The whole argument is simply: If you don't think you can beat any other 'Mech in the game in whatever 'Mech you feel you do best in, then don't play Division S. I think there would be massive participation in this Division from people who don't bring Annihilators.

That's not an argument, it's an if-clause. I say, you can't let the players decide, which mechs to bring, because in the end most would bring the strongest (e.g. Annihilator) and players, who just want to play their jolly ol' Shadow Hawk get decimated repeatedly, then adapt the meta.
That's what happens most of the time.

#11 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostNaitrael, on 25 April 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

That's not an argument, it's an if-clause. I say, you can't let the players decide, which mechs to bring, because in the end most would bring the strongest (e.g. Annihilator) and players, who just want to play their jolly ol' Shadow Hawk get decimated repeatedly, then adapt the meta.
That's what happens most of the time.

Well, sure, except there's a rating system for a reason. Folks who routinely brought Annihilators would inevitably reach a point where they were never matched against players who never brought anything that could compete with an Annihilator. The folks clamoring for a combined Division would have their eyes opened, and would still not have anything to complain about, because it's what they asked for. Problems solved.

#12 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Take better weapons. Learn more ways to fight than attacking the enemy from behind with huge alpha. Or in general, "deal with it".

I wish I'd had oponents like that in Div 4 againts my Jenner IIC. No, assults, heavies and mediums all alike quite boldy come to attack me while I try to sneak around and attack them.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 26 April 2018 - 11:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users