Hero Supernova Laser Hard Points

14 replies to this topic

#1 AquaRex

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

I got the Supernova collection and bought the Hero variant also due to the awesome paint, however to my disappointment, the hero variant, does not have the loadout as displayed in the store.

The artwork for the Hero variant of the Supernova mech is depicted with 6 laser hardpoint, which is the first thing you see when you click on the Supernova. I immediately bought the mech when I saw it, only to realise it has 2 ballistic hardpoints there instead.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, you might say that I should have paid attention to the specifications, haven't had to do that before, only realised they even were listed after buying this because its the first one I bought where I noticed a difference, and the first one I bought specifically for the hardpoints. You might also say, that the other variants have this load out so why do I even care? I simply want the paintjob / pattern this Hero mech has, but with the 6 laser hardpoints.

I understand that there can be deviency from the concept art to the final working version of the mech, but at least keep to the loudout shown, if the concept art has 6 guns, dont keep that concept art and sell this for money but only give the player 2.

I don't really expect this to change, but still think its a bad move.

#2 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

I feel very sorry for your parents

#3 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Right now I really don't have a slightest clue should I be amused or terrified Posted Image

Edited by VXJaeger, 23 April 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#4 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostAquaRex, on 23 April 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Spoiler

You... You trolling... Right?

#5 PrinnyCanBeHero

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

While we're at it, let's remove all the missile hardpoints from Supernovas. None of the concept art shows missiles!

#6 AquaRex

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm actually being serious. If there is a way to swap this that I'm not aware of. I would be delighted if you could enlighten me to this possibility. If not, I still think this is a valid complaint.

#7 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

Probably you should have contacted support for that. The FAQ itself says about hardpoints being located in the specification section of the page... And since Urbanmech pack they show all variants with same "hardpoint preview", it is their standard.

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

They added "art does not reflect final loadouts" to the resistance hero mechs and the like. Seems like a good idea to add them to all of the concept art stuff. Since it's apparently not clear enough that the concept art is a one off and not modified to represent every variant.

Unfortunately the Supernova is not an Omni so you can't swap hard points. I'd recommend a refund if you can't reconcile that fact. Mention about your confusion with art should speed it along.

Edited by MechaBattler, 23 April 2018 - 02:32 PM.

#9 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Why oh why is this in the section for TT...

#10 AquaRex

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, and yes I'm aware some of them have a warning that the concept art doesn't represent the final product. The supernova isn't exactly a new mech anymore, so they could upload pictures of it in-game or with the loadouts that it comes with, especially if it deviates so vastly from the original concept.

I'm not gonna request a refund, I bought it because I liked the colour paint and I want to support the game.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

Good on you. Glad we could be of help. Though if you have a question about mechs, loadouts, or other game related things. Try the New Player Help section. They're more helpful and quick on the response usually. :)

#12 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

One of the best trolls I've seen on here in ages.

#13 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

On the plus side, the Boiler is a great Hero 'mech.

#14 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

This leaves me feeling odd... because i just can't even...

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostAquaRex, on 23 April 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I understand that there can be deviency from the concept art to the final working version of the mech, but at least keep to the loudout shown, if the concept art has 6 guns, dont keep that concept art and sell this for money but only give the player 2.

I don't really expect this to change, but still think its a bad move.

If you think that's bad, you should avoid the hero store for the Clan IIC heroes and Resistance heroes. NONE of the images match up with the hardpoints.

Every single one also states that the hardpoints shown are NOT what the product has.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users