2 replies to this topic

#1 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 03:03 PM.

#2 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

If I log in now I will be logged into this website for about another 5 hours. If I login immedately after that automatic logout then I'll be on for 24 hours. I'm on daily so I've seen this often.
Basically servers logs me off at the same time every day, approximately 10pm EST = 7pm PST
Assume a server-side session reset and that's a good security practice.

And yes logging into mwomercs website using a separate computer means your log on session from the first computer is now no longer valid so can think of computer 1 being automatically logged off.
This is also good security practice that I've no problems with either.

Otherwise I get no random log offs, but no one else has my log on details saved to their computer... ( afaik o.O )

#3 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:28 AM

View PostThroe, on 25 April 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

I have been experiencing an issue with seemingly random logouts on the mwomercs.com/forums for quite some time(many months).

Prior to today, I've always just assumed it's a normal time out limit, as many websites have these days, although I've never attempted to track log in/log out times. It's usually no longer than 2 or 3 hours before I'm logged out.

However, this morning, I came back to this particular computer after a break of about 15 hours and I was still logged in. Roughly half an hour afterward, after I had been posting and browsing as normal, I found myself logged out again, seemingly at random. This was after having logged into the website on a different computer last night(approximately 11 hours before using this computer and noticing I was still logged on this morning).

Is there some secret setting somewhere that allows me to choose how long I'm logged in for? Is there a specific tracker this website uses that I need to whitelist in order to stay logged in normally? Is it some sort of strange "session randomizer" that logs people out at random intervals?

I'm using Ghostery and uBlock Origin. I'm not sure which one might be relevant here, if either is.

Google Tag Manager is the only thing I see specifically blocked by either one.

that issue exist for long time now.. defintly for years also like the search function issue. pretty annoying issues both, especially , while writting a post and you will post it, you are suddenly logged out and the post is gone #§$%&#§$%& . There was somewhere in this subforum anothe rfred with the same issue and one of the pgi team responded to that fthread. hm maybe i`ll find that thread somewhere here in this subforum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users