Sarcasm

2 replies to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

Because this has come up I'm going to lead with - this is intended as sarcasm and humor about people's responses to Solaris.

We really need more hyperbole and over statements about the state of Solaris. I mean how is anyone going to understand that certain mechs are dominant in each division or that legging is a thing if you just say "most the top performers in Division Z are Y" or "legging of certain mechs happens a lot"? Where's the moral outrage in that? How are we supposed to sound like we're fighting against one of the world's great injustices are the people responsible are nefarious supervillains bent on a plan of world domination and the destruction of all fun on earth by being honest and realistic and stating things in context?

That can not be. So we need some more doubling down on "all anyone ever does is leg all the time every match or they lose, because they're hateful cheats who are cowardly and want the terrorists to win". Also "every single player in this division pilots identical mechs and loadouts with no variation save me - because I am morally and ethically superior and play stock mechs as God intended and so while I lose all the time it's because everyone who beats me is evil". This is critical for the development of the game, because honest and useful discourse on a subject involves the realistic evaluation of all choices and not just the demonization of everything that disagrees with me.

I mean the alternative is for everyone to take an honest look at the gameplay, realize we're only 2 weeks in and look at what's the long term best environment for the game instead of just catering to our personal interests. That's the real insanity.

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 12 December 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

1 will happen after the 3 month season anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users