So I Upgraded To Techmanual And Tacops...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

... and done are the days of fiddling around with BTMR + Maxtech. Finally.

I've got two books larger than BTMR to look up rules in now. Posted Image

Not that that is a bad thing. Posted Image

One of the changes with the most impact for me so far is that cockpit command consoles lost the restriction to heavy and asault mechs - they just won't provide the initiative bonus to anything lighter than a heavy.

This is so nice - now I can finally construct that command medium I had in mind for my recon elements.

Edited by Exilyth, 25 April 2018 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

TacOps has also some great optional rules for combat - but you should really be careful what you choose.
(When you enemy uses a great numbers of LBX and SRMs - the new wood-cover will turn his weapons impotent)

Wasn't there a BMR rule (based on City Tech) that allowed a Dual Cockpit (one pilot for moving the other for gunning) - the new Command Console just put both "items" together.

I think there was only one major change - how AMS worked - and the moving through water rule was altered (In my BTMR - translated) - moving through water was suicide (-1 to hit for your enemy and the punchtable) - I don't know how many Mechs my BlackJack OC - slaugthered while they tried to cross a river.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:40 AM

In regards to water: Believe its minus one to hit, meaning its easier to hit them (due to their reduced ability to dodge/block), but anything hitting legs was either nullified and in water depth of 2 (12 meters), anything hitting the torsos/arms other than the head got reduced damage.

At least this is the way my Megamek is handling it with pretty much all the compatible rules except nukes turned on.

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Too bad I'll have to wait for Strategic Operations until the core rule book reprint in Q3: https://bg.battletec...oming-releases/

Not that I don't have enough new rules to learn for now...

Silly rule interaction I found:
Weapon delivered minefields always land on top of buildings.
Firing e.g. Thunder-LRM from inside a building into another hex of the same building magically warps the mines to the roof. Even when the building is higher than the maximum range of the weapon. Posted Image

Imagine a Catapult walking into a street level shopping mall in a skyscraper, letting loose missiles straight at the mall security - only for the resulting minefield to litter the penthouse balcony. "Honey, why is there a vibromine in the Jacuzzi?" Posted Image

I think I'll have to read that section again. Or use advanced building construction rules and designate the street level shopping mall of my skyscraper as a hangar structure. Posted Image

View PostKarl Streiger, on 25 April 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Wasn't there a BMR rule (based on City Tech) that allowed a Dual Cockpit (one pilot for moving the other for gunning) - the new Command Console just put both "items" together.

Indeed, according to
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dual_Cockpit
and
http://www.sarna.net...Command_Console
dual cockpits have been somewhat apocryphical and non-canon, but now got merged into the command console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users