Exposing Player Builds In Solaris Player Card Information

147 replies to this topic

#141 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Lurm,
I am able to select names from the leader board, but all that appears are a bunch of empty fields or dashes - no detail.
When I saw the empty data, I assumed (wrongly, according to your comment) that the developers removed the mistake.
If I'm doing something wrong, please assist me.

Thanks for any guidance.
Peace

#142 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

I see the issue it has reset since patch. So it will only show the mech most played if they have played since patch day. Eg my account you can see a few of my mechs but not all as I havent played all divs since patch day.

#143 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, thought I was loosing it - - -
Too bad we don't get to see the mechlab of the build anymore

See you folks on the battlefield.
Peace

#144 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

I think this is bad. I think the intent of Solaris is that you stable a mech you have built up and learned to use to it's best potential. It's a competition. Does (insert fav NASCAR driver here) Provide the specs to the engine of his car or it's capabilities online? Does (insert fav football coach here) post his play book online? Maybe I don't want you copying my UBERmediocre builds. . . I got what I got, least I admit it. Boxers won't announce there weaknesses Solaris stables wouldn't either . . unless maybe there was a huge pay off . . .but that's a whole different aspect of the game:P

My bad didn't read to the end lol

Edited by Popcat, 03 June 2018 - 12:49 PM.

#145 Aurien Titus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:26 AM

Why not allow an opt in option to show your build? Really at the end of the day, it still requires the pilot to use a build effectively. So if you want to show off your build, allow the pilot to make it public.

Edited by Aurien Titus, 13 July 2018 - 03:26 AM.

#146 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

Ehh, good players don't really give a sh!t if you see their build. Copy all you want, not gonna help you when we face off. It's more the mid-tier guys and the guys who are maybe at the top of division leader boards who are grinding/farming to get there but still lose to the best guys when they face off who are the ones who want to keep their secret sauce.

And like someone else said, it will encourage more people to play the mode who don't have time to experiment with builds if they can try out some builds that the top guys use. And then people actually get an accurate idea of their skill level, compared to QP, to see how effective they are with builds that are objectively effective.

#147 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:59 AM

Absolutely. It's not like the build is secret, the only actual secret sauce is player skill and familiarity with their own build.

#148 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 25 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

should it be there by design? !
Sure, it should. Why not?

It gives the opportunity to learn from others and to give advice if necessary.

It's always good for the online game to keep the community together, to provide the feeling of human interaction. This feature achieves this goal.

Hope, it will stay. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users