Ban Function For Mechs Maybe Or Rotating Bans?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

So im loving Solaris and i see the logic behind divisions and get that they will need some tweaking as time goes on but i see some problems....

look at the top 10 of each division and its almost always the same mechs with the same builds division 1 is almost all annihilators with some variation of 6 ac2.

This is fine to a degree, i dont have any problems with the weapons or the mechs themselves. But i dont want to see Solaris get stagnant with the same stuff used over and over and over so how about this...

option 1. have players set up match Decks similar to faction play, then add a ban rotation after map selection for banning mechs, maybe not narrow it down to one specific mech but at least let players pick 1 or more of the mechs in the deck to ban
slight alternate have this work at the Chassi level and not the variant level

option 2. institute weekly rotation of banned weapons and/or mechs for each division. Have to balance how the banning works (do you ban just AC2 or do you ban ultra ac2 and AC2?) but it could at least make people change up their builds and force them to not just be one trick ponies.

alot of possible ways to implement something like this but just throwing the idea out there

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#3 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

Just say each mech is being repaired for 2 rounds / 5 minutes after each match. So, people would need either multiple copies of a mech or play different builds.

#4 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#5 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

I am not sure new players will be starting in Solaris. They would get destroyed.

#6 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#7 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

Due to the divisions, I just don't think this would hinder anyone. They could just switch divisions and keep trial marching away.

#8 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

[redacted]

#9 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostThroe, on 02 May 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

I'm not even talking about cadet players using Trial 'Mechs. I'm talking about new players who could own a total of 7 'Mechs with perfectly valid and even very good loadouts for Solaris matches, without owning more than one 'Mech in each Division. It would effectively penalize any player with less than 2 'Mechs in each Division unfairly precisely because the only remaining option *is* a Trial 'Mech, which are all pretty terrible by comparison to their owned 'Mech(s).

Could do a trial mech only division. Newbies would have a more level place to start if they wanted and experienced players could have some fun too.

#10 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

[redacted]

#11 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

People dont like being told what to run. Best thing they can do is offer rewards for changing mechs or using less meta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users