Friday Night Reaping Of Souls.

76 replies to this topic

#21 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Just noticed you guys went davion. #excited!

#22 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

What TS channel you guys hang out in? You weren't in the Comstar EVIL channel last week.

#23 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

PGI would retain a lot more players if they had a system so you could see what teams where in the queue

the old system you could sort of figure things out
that is if you saw multiples of 12 you would avoid dropping since you would most likely run into a 12 man

some people like the challenge of dropping against a top level 12 man but it can be like getting the same
map over and over and over again

*note I am mostly taking about pugs against 12 man teams

#24 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 04 May 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

I really don't think they would. People always say things like this, but since none of those "comp" teams actually ever actually do it, I really don't believe said "comp" teams are capable of it. I think the good CW units would beat any of the "comp" teams in a CW fight.

Just no dude a bunch o CW players ain't beating EON or Emp, the level of skill and team play they have is wayyyyy above CW units.
Not saying they are unbeatable but most of CW unita are just scrubs who press W and the "good" units have a lot of weaks links, plus the lack of real strats and greed of not wanting to share armor.

Edited by WayTooSexy, 04 May 2018 - 02:39 PM.

#25 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

I did mention it would need to be the good CW units.

#26 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostWayTooSexy, on 04 May 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Just no dude a bunch o CW players ain't beating EON or Emp, the level of skill and team play they have is wayyyyy above CW units.
Not saying they are unbeatable but most of CW unita are just scrubs who press W and the "good" units have a lot of weaks links, plus the lack of real strats and greed of not wanting to share armor.
I resemble that remark. I love W.

#27 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 04 May 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

What TS channel you guys hang out in? You weren't in the Comstar EVIL channel last week.

Evils don't use comstar TS since at least 2 years.

#28 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

View PostWayTooSexy, on 03 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Im not part of this organization but talking about comp teams, i think they would be able to put a good fight against most comp teams, except EON or EmP, those would beat the **** of out any CW unit.

I'll never forget that win to 6man EmP against 8man Evil on invasion/siege map. This was probably the best cw match on hellebore springs I've ever played. <3 Scar's command was just godlike back then. <3

Edited by Double Trouble, 04 May 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#29 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostDouble Trouble, on 04 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'll never forget that win to 6man EmP against 8man Evil on invasion/siege map. This was probably the best cw match on hellebore springs I've ever played. <3 Scar's command was just godlike back then. <3

Well yeah old evil was another deal, if theyy actually did some comp and worked on being a better teawmwork i recon by today they would be Div A team playing with the big boys.......... current one meh. But even the old evil mess **** up quite hard sometimes Posted Image

Edited by WayTooSexy, 04 May 2018 - 06:54 PM.

#30 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

Pretty sure their superior piloting and communication will overcome their unfamiliarity of CW tactics. Might be able to beat them with objectives e.g. gen-rushing but by kills probably impossible.

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:19 AM

Always glad to see groups dropping in FW. Makes for a fun night for everyone.

As to comp teams...

Comp play just plays different. You have a different mindset and matches play hugely differently. Its also way more balanced - both sides in comp have a similar breakdown in terms of weight classes and strats are designed around control of key positions and otherwise just a whole different principle.

Without a consistent challenging adversary and good matches being a product of luck there's precious few opportunities to play FW in a competitive way because most the time the other team is not an equally matched one.

In a way that's part of FWs charm. Most the time you just play casual and fun but sometimes you see who's lined up on the other side and you have to game face.

FW does have a completely different approach and meta and strategy from comp and I doubt any comp team would want to play it enough to learn it.

#32 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Only got one match against you guys but it was fun. o7, thought I'd got on top late but we managed to squeeze together 5 guys and have a blast. Thanks for the match!

#33 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Really?

This is going on?

Some randos riding the fame of good old times EVIL's name. The group that once was best cw unit out there. That once got bout dozen great players. But have watered down big time. And still got 10mans running when there isnt any group that match that.Doing some good old sealclubbing to every pug group and bad 12mans. And claims to be "best" out there and come try to beat them. What ive seen "new" EVIL guys just dont have individual skill that once was with great EVIL. Sure they can beat most pug groups out there by outnumbering them and using old good EVIL strats. But mostly just kdr pugfarming for great stats. And BCMC try to be wannabe EVIL. But really dont got skills to claim that.

But come to forums braggin about being best cw unit out there, when there isnt any units/great players anymore to challenge that. And dont facking get that stomping everyone just decreases cw playerbase at same time? Can you go to MRBC to claim your "best unit" prize? And just casual drop like rest of us. Its fun to drop with unit members but you gotta read the room when to drop 8+mans.

#34 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostKotis77, on 05 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Really?

This is going on?

Some randos riding the fame of good old times EVIL's name. The group that once was best cw unit out there. That once got bout dozen great players. But have watered down big time. And still got 10mans running when there isnt any group that match that.Doing some good old sealclubbing to every pug group and bad 12mans. And claims to be &quot;best&quot; out there and come try to beat them. What ive seen &quot;new&quot; EVIL guys just dont have individual skill that once was with great EVIL. Sure they can beat most pug groups out there by outnumbering them and using old good EVIL strats. But mostly just kdr pugfarming for great stats. And BCMC try to be wannabe EVIL. But really dont got skills to claim that.

But come to forums braggin about being best cw unit out there, when there isnt any units/great players anymore to challenge that. And dont facking get that stomping everyone just decreases cw playerbase at same time? Can you go to MRBC to claim your &quot;best unit&quot; prize? And just casual drop like rest of us. Its fun to drop with unit members but you gotta read the room when to drop 8+mans.
shots fired

#35 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

View PostKotis77, on 05 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Really?

This is going on?

Some randos riding the fame of good old times EVIL's name. The group that once was best cw unit out there. That once got bout dozen great players. But have watered down big time. And still got 10mans running when there isnt any group that match that.Doing some good old sealclubbing to every pug group and bad 12mans. And claims to be "best" out there and come try to beat them. What ive seen "new" EVIL guys just dont have individual skill that once was with great EVIL. Sure they can beat most pug groups out there by outnumbering them and using old good EVIL strats. But mostly just kdr pugfarming for great stats. And BCMC try to be wannabe EVIL. But really dont got skills to claim that.

But come to forums braggin about being best cw unit out there, when there isnt any units/great players anymore to challenge that. And dont facking get that stomping everyone just decreases cw playerbase at same time? Can you go to MRBC to claim your "best unit" prize? And just casual drop like rest of us. Its fun to drop with unit members but you gotta read the room when to drop 8+mans.

though I did find this thread to be a little over the top, today Evil is still the best cw unit out there. And please do elaborate on how BCMC try to be wannabe EVIL?

It's true there aren't many high end units dropping FP anymore, but the population actually is quite healthy. Yesterday I was having trouble finding GQ drops with 4, but then went to FP and was insta dropping with 4

#36 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Weren't you the one that disco right after seeing who was on the other side? Lots of credibility you have. :)
EVIL routinely drops 4 man, often topping out at 6. I personally rather have that than a big group because it isn't fun to just stomp, which is exactly why many of us got off tonight after the Boreal defense game you purposely left.

I don't know too many of the older EVIL fellas, but I play woth a few who were originals and I generally play with everyone else, too. I think i do just fine by the tag, as does many others who are not from the glory days. Some.. well it is what it is :)

I'd love to do MRBC, it's tough with our varying schedules so that can't be changed. Beat us, or keep crying, doesn't matter in the end.

#37 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

We are 100 percent not as good as old evil. I came too late to be considered old evil. Old evil players might have been the best in the game. I don’t know why you guys think that it’s an insult to us. The post is intentionally over the top to try and draw out teams to fight. It had its desired effect we got decent matches. I am not sure why Kotis is personally offended by that, but that’s fine. I’ll take New evil against anyone in CW. And I am not sure why kotis is attacking BCMC. They are the only that regularly can trade wins and losses with us right now.

Edited by Ragnar Baron Leiningen, 05 May 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#38 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 May 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

We are 100 percent not as good as old evil. I came too late to be considered old evil. Old evil players might have been the best in the game. I don’t know why you guys think that it’s an insult to us. The post is intentionally over the top to try and draw out teams to fight. It had its desired effect we got decent matches. I am not sure why Kotis is personally offended by that, but that’s fine. I’ll take New evil against anyone in CW. And I am not sure why kotis is attacking BCMC. They are the only that regularly can trade wins and losses with us right now.

Bravo Company is monitoring the situation. We do not wish to be drawn into anything over the words of a single player. No matter how many laurels he has.

That said. We consider it unwise to start **** you cant finish.
HK should be aware of this. It will be your only warning.

#39 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 05 May 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Bravo Company is monitoring the situation. We do not wish to be drawn into anything over the words of a single player. No matter how many laurels he has.

That said. We consider it unwise to start **** you cant finish.
HK should be aware of this. It will be your only warning.

Hush your mouth, wannabe! :)

#40 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 May 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'd love to do MRBC, it's tough with our varying schedules so that can't be changed.

I had thought that too but I got in with a team this season and it's super flexible.

Just get like 12 or 14 total people on the roster and you'll have no trouble getting 8 people together for an hour a week.

It's changed my perspective a lot on FW. Having matches against people who are consistently not terrible is a lot if fun. I am no longer adverse to splitting FW pug/premade, etc. You play differently when you know you're always playing against someone who isn't just ******* off instead of always assuming the next match will be against some terribad dontcares and being pleasantly surprised when it's a team.

Edited by MischiefSC, 06 May 2018 - 06:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users