• 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

So, we have a choice between
1) xp
2) c-bill
3) accolades

Which of the patrons is the best?

Imho, since matches do not pay much C-Bills and Xp and since accolades can only be gained in solaris, the patron boosting accolades is the only viable choice.

Haven't got any so far, but I heard sponsors do much more for boosting xp/c-bills.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Accolades only.

#3 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

I like my job as mech warrior , I like getting paid . You say it's not much ? I say every bit helps.

Accolades only work in Solaris but cbills work outside Solaris . I cannot say I am very impressed with Solaris supply cache drops . Let's see A few random weapons systems , bolt on,s for mechs you don't own , too much bolt on,s for one mech or a decal . No need to rush accolades and stockpile bolt on,s and decals you cannot sell.

XP is only useful if your mech is not yet mastered , but why would you not bring a fully mastered mech to the games ? Even if you get xp you still need cbills to unlock the nodes

CBILLS

Edited by Pain G0D, 06 May 2018 - 01:55 PM.

#4 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

Consider this: weapon systems and other equipment gained from supply caches either go towards reducing the cost of outfitting new mechs or provide a few C-Bills when sold.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

From what I understood after the 30days you can switch to another patron but what that patron offers will depend on the previouse archivements. So the higher your standing with the last patron the better the next will be. Thats why I selected Acc for my first.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:29 AM

View PostExilyth, on 05 May 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

So, we have a choice between
1) xp
2) c-bill
3) accolades

Which of the patrons is the best?

Imho, since matches do not pay much C-Bills and Xp and since accolades can only be gained in solaris, the patron boosting accolades is the only viable choice.

Haven't got any so far, but I heard sponsors do much more for boosting xp/c-bills.

I agree with you.. besides.. cbills and Xp can be acumulated from other modes.. while Solaris is the only one wich grants Accolades.. so acc is the clear choice..

#7 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostExilyth, on 06 May 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Consider this: weapon systems and other equipment gained from supply caches either go towards reducing the cost of outfitting new mechs or provide a few C-Bills when sold.

How about this : The higher you climb a division ladder the longer it takes to reach the next level . Even if your supply cache becomes more rare later , you have to farm longer and longer .

Cbills on the other hand is a constant flow of cash to be farmed on your own time at your own convenience , there is no pressure and i will sooner or later get a few supply cache,s too .

#8 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 08:53 AM.

#9 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 07 May 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

The higher you climb a division ladder the longer it takes to reach the next level . Even if your supply cache becomes more rare later, you have to farm longer and longer.

Indeed. Then again, you could play quickplay and get supply caches at a constant rate on top of better pay.

#10 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostExilyth, on 08 May 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

Indeed. Then again, you could play quickplay and get supply caches at a constant rate on top of better pay.

Not really , factoring in premium time and a hero mech and cash patron , I make about 90 000 if I win a dual . For the time spent it's not a bad winners purse . It's at least equal if not more .

I can turn your question back at you . If you using accolades bonus to farm supply caches , quick match is a better option for that .

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:41 AM

The problem with that is that when your premium times runs out QP will be again more profitable. So you either have to buy new premium time or you have to have sponsors/patrons that compansate that...or you simply don't care about money and just want to have some fun with 1v1 / 2v2 or fight for a place in the leaderbord. Whatever makes you happy beside Cbills ^_^

Edited by Nesutizale, 09 May 2018 - 12:43 AM.

#13 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:42 AM

I am Mechwarrior

I SPLAS for cash . I club seals for CBILLS , I pawn Noobs for notes .

Winning is fun too Posted Image

Edited by Pain G0D, 09 May 2018 - 03:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users