Making The Uziel 3P(C) Usable

8 replies to this topic

#1 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

We all got the Uziel Champion mech a little bit ago. For those of you that have not sold the mech outright and found its' performance lacklustre, here is a little suggestion for you.

I've tested this loadout a few times and it seems to be able to work as a mid range fire support/finishing brawler.

Do NOT attempt to use this as you would a heavier mech like a hunchback or centurion. You'll get shredded by the heavier mechs the other team has.

This should at least make it that the mech is usable, but not stellar. It's a testament to the workability of the cannon more than anything.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...d4480d712c781bd

Edited by Nean, 05 May 2018 - 06:59 PM.

#2 Sekkishi

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

What I did was:

- keep PPCs
- keep jump jets (I like them too much :)
- remove other weapons
- put 3 HMG in other slots + ammo
- put some double HS

It works quite well. It has limited range so you need patience. I either stay with group to protect them from small mechs or rush open mechs for quick kill and run or use it to flank. Since mech is quite fast it lets you re-position easily and run from dangerous situations. Also it is quite cheap change in build :)

If you want more speed you can upgrade engine a bit since there is enough tonnage left but it'll cost you 3+ mill.

#3 Locusthorde300

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Dual HPPC with a LE, and as many heatsinks as you can put on it works well for me. You're more of a harasser than anything else.

#4 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

I’m under the impression that it’s really just a 35 tonner that is 15 tons overweight. Gotta hit and fade...

2 PPC, 2 LMG and an XL350 (because I have to outrun Urbanmechs)

#5 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

i sold it, hard points were bad.

#6 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostLocusthorde300, on 17 May 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

Dual HPPC with a LE, and as many heatsinks as you can put on it works well for me. You're more of a harasser than anything else.

This. Dual-HPPC jump sniping. May be hot as hell, but high hardpoints and 30 damage pin-point? That hurts.

#7 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

I am currently trying my luck with 2 RAC2s, 3JJs and a whole lot of ammo. At least it seems better than any build I tried out on my aptly named "Cannonfodder" before that.

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

For quick play I run it with 3xUAC2. Stay at range and near cover. Use that good agility to slip away and pop out again. Don't try to trade. Just harass anyone you can see. You have to run an XL225 to have enough ammo. So you're playing Russian roulette it doesn't get you killed with those massive shoulders.

#9 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:27 AM

Using this build with good results:

light 250 and jj, 2lmg 2 medpulses for close fight and 1 rac5 for medium/long range suppression

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users