Clean Up The Jenner!

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Clean Up the Jenner (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Remove the dusty effect?

1. Yes (26 votes [81.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

2. Voted No (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MasqueCarnival

Rookie

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

The Jenner is an excellent mech, but it always has that ugly dusty effect on it, no matter what pattern or color you use. It's high time someone gave the Jenner a much needed wash!

#2 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:29 AM

I was looking at my Jenner just the other day, and yeah, it is one of the dirtiest 'mechs in the game. A lot (read, most) other 'mechs seem to have nice, crisp, clean paint patterns on them. Since I have all my 'mechs painted in Steiner, it kinda sucks that a few really dirty ones don't fit in as nicely.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

I'm going to SUPPORT this one. The I.S. Jenner should have an option of whether there is that Dusty Overlay, or a display of Clean Painting selected, provided as TWO different Default Camo Patterns. :)

~D. V. "Sadly knowing how this feels..." Devnull

#4 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:48 PM

Yes please! I've been fretting over my dirty Jenners for years now. I'm trying the woodland and tiger camo pattern on them and they're dreadful! Time to hit the mechwash!

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:45 PM

no matter how many colors or patterns i get i can not make the jenners look nice. the iics are nice and shiny though.

#6 Keystone Gray

• Pip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 04:49 PM

Continuously disappointed with this issue.

There are only a few camos worth purchasing (Applejack, Rasalhague, Steiner) because you can barely see the patterns on ANY other ones. The rest have that disgusting dirt mask layer over everything. This problem isn't nearly as bad in MW5 and the same exact patterns look absolutely beautiful in that game.

The Jenner is my main. I'd gleefully drop the MC on Raider, Crusader, and Davion, if not for the dirt mask.

Edited by Keystone Gray, 07 January 2023 - 04:50 PM.

#7 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 08 January 2023 - 02:43 AM

View PostKeystone Gray, on 07 January 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Continuously disappointed with this issue.

There are only a few camos worth purchasing (Applejack, Rasalhague, Steiner) because you can barely see the patterns on ANY other ones. The rest have that disgusting dirt mask layer over everything. This problem isn't nearly as bad in MW5 and the same exact patterns look absolutely beautiful in that game.

The Jenner is my main. I'd gleefully drop the MC on Raider, Crusader, and Davion, if not for the dirt mask.
Mw5 runs on a better engine.

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2024 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, I can see how offputting the Jenner is with the dirt on it. It should be like the other mechs, pristine and in mint factory condition. I know it's an ancient machine, but it needs to be polished up and updated like the other mechs.

#9 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 11:49 PM

I think more mech's should get some kind of dust/dirt/damage elements on their texture, most of the mechs look like they are either factory new (which is almost never the case in actual BT universe), or just toys that are made to look super shiny. Some IS mechs, like Orion or Shadowhawk, have an old damaged paint pattern on them, but most of mechs are too fresh imo. Some clan omni mechs, like Timber Wolf or Summoner, look like they are unpainted mostly (which is in my opinion REALLY cool looking), but all other clan mechs look far too new and polished for a war machines. So in result most of the mechs look a bit too polished and new.

That said, jenner probably got too much dush on it, but it still looks way better than some other mechs.

Edited by JumpingHunter, 30 January 2024 - 11:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users