Sponsors And Catering To The Top 1%

43 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:42 AM

So, is it just me, or is Solaris geared towards rewarding the top 1%, while the common warrior gets very little?

How do you even get a sponsor?

I understand that there are players in this game that can wreck face and have amazing 70:1 W/L.. but that's not the case for most of the playerbase..

Myself, I'll admit, I'm not the best out there.. barely struggling to keep my W/L above 1.0.. But still, I think that us little guys should get some cool stuff too?

Right now, I have no idea what I need to do to get a sponsor.. and I already know that I will never get any end of season reward.. cose' only the top 20 get those, and they are so far ahead that I could not reach them in a milion years..

So, lemme ask..

Is all the bling of Solaris meant only for the top 1%?

or can the little guys also get something other than table scraps?

#2 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

So best i got was two sponsors. I think that was when i reached a rank in the top 200 or top 150. those are ranks wich are very hard to hold. when i got two sponsors i lost on of them really quick. that is when you drop below top 300 or so. one sponsor you will keep until you drop below top 600 or something like that.

so now i got one sponsor in 3 or 4 divisions.

i think what you are saying is right. according to my experience i guess you have to reach the top 10 to get 10 sponsors. meaning only 70 player can have all ten sponsors at one moment.
this is speculation.
but still i think all that sponsor stuff should be way easier to reach.
most of the new players will not get a sponsor for quiet some time, while only the metadriving leggers will have all the sponsors. (yes i mean you, you filthy king crabs of division 3 Posted Image )

Edited by d00mchild, 07 May 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 May 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

How do you even get a sponsor?

You win? To do this however it means bringing proper builds and having at least basic MWO skills.

Sadly most times I have played Solaris the builds have been... Well... Rubbish, totally noncompetitive. Further to that many players don't even torso twist and/or attempt to.

I am rank 138 and have two sponsors with a score of 18-2 in the Div 5... so it isn't that hard to get a few sponsors it would seem.

#4 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:14 AM

but you would never get all ten. or even 8 or seven how it is now

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

I don't have the time to play enough games to even get 1 sponsor... I very well could, but I'm not going to spend the time to do it. (especially since I don't particularly find Solaris gameplay all that fun)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 07 May 2018 - 02:29 AM.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

I would like to see PGI releasing a list of when you can get what to clear up some confusion of whats going on with patrons and sponsors.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

View Postd00mchild, on 07 May 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

but you would never get all ten. or even 8 or seven how it is now

If I don't make it into the top 10, I should not get all 10.

Reward for effort. Effort to learn the game, the time and so on.

You don't deserve to get all 10 just because you want it.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

He has a point...kinda.
Without knowing for sure where, what for and when we get sponsors its hard to judge if the sponsor system is good or not.

If possible I would even turn the entire concept upside down. Let the players fight for contracts with sponsors in a way that a sponser gives out a task to acomplish. The player that does it first gets the contract.

Then structure those contracts with a very few high paying ones that task you to get be in the top 10,20 (whatever) and some less paying contracts and a lot of "garbage" contracts for the masses.

Post all these contracts on a blackboard (basicly use the event viewer with an extra S7 tab).
All contracts would be bound by time and not performance, so after the times up people can start to compete for these contracts again.

Doing it that way people would have a clear picture of what is asked of them to archive and would give them a goal.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:19 AM

I had one sponsor in 2v2 on the first week it came out. I went to work for 5 days after coming back sponsor was gone. Never had one again after this.

Sorry pgi I can't quit my job and life for a 1,000 cbill boost haha

#10 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:34 AM

I probably am up there with most played/wins in solaris and am at number 2 on the leaderboard. I have between 2 and 5 sponsors in each division and i get bugger all bonuses. What did you think I am earning each match because for me its between 60-120k depending on several factors.

#11 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

I have 7 or 8 sponsors, they seem to appear when you rise up ranks in a division quickly.

In a couple divisions I have no sponsors but higher ranking than divisions with sponsors. It seems that is because I slowly gained ELO by trying lots of builds.

I have seen some players with maybe a thousand games in a single division, and I wonder if they get sponsors.

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostLurm God, on 07 May 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

I probably am up there with most played/wins in solaris and am at number 2 on the leaderboard. I have between 2 and 5 sponsors in each division and i get bugger all bonuses. What did you think I am earning each match because for me its between 60-120k depending on several factors.

With premium and CB Mech, without sponsor I make around 40-90k in match and I am at....lets say closer to the end then the beginning of the leaderboard. ^_^

So if you use CB Mech and premium the sponsors kinda double your income, if you are without CB Mech / premium its even higher.
That I did say is quite a nice income.

#13 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

I don't know why you guys care about this stuff, sponsor rewards are pathetic. If it's cbills you're after play hero mechs and/or spray damage mechs (like clan dakka) in FP or QP

#14 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

I got a sponsor and i am really bad tbh.
Division 2, first day, drunk, 30fps notebook.

#15 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 June 2022 - 08:53 AM.

#16 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

View PostLurm God, on 07 May 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

Thats just 1% propaganda! Posted Image :P

Posted Image

#17 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:46 PM.

#18 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image

almost everything in this game is now tailored to helping potatos potato, see event above. There should be some difficult to attain rewards somewhere for the so-called top 1% to fight to attain.

#19 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:44 PM.

#20 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostThroe, on 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Your text appears to be hidden some how within your post. I only am able to see it now that I've attempted to reply with a quote...

Your argument is sound, however, it's been proven already within this thread that the top 1% don't even appear to be capable of earning maximum rewards from Sponsors for some reason.

yeah, I think it probably has to do with elo thresholds that are set higher than people are reaching as of yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users