Playing On Na When I Picked Eu

5 replies to this topic

#1 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

Ok so in short my ISP is amazing at sucking. So I have no option but to opt out of NA servers. EU is tolerable enough (since the latest patch Im getting a ton of rubber banding).
So when I start a game and it says "welcome to the N. American server" I know I've lost...
Is the server choice a recommendation?
I do hope it's a bug and that it will be fixed sometime soon, otherwise this game mode is not for me...

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:52 PM

Well yes, the S7 matchmaker puts you on whatever server is available. I allready met other german players on the NA Server, so the server choice seems to be purely cosmetic.

#3 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

It can go to either pilots preference. I am oce so I pick oce. If I played you and it was EU then there will be a picking mechanism then you or I will get our preferred server.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:02 AM

View PostBlack Fish, on 08 May 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ok so in short my ISP is amazing at sucking. So I have no option but to opt out of NA servers. EU is tolerable enough (since the latest patch Im getting a ton of rubber banding).
So when I start a game and it says "welcome to the N. American server" I know I've lost...
Is the server choice a recommendation?
I do hope it's a bug and that it will be fixed sometime soon, otherwise this game mode is not for me...

I get this bug to.. clearly set server to EU, and I get warmly welcomed to the NA server...

My difference is only about 100ms ping, so it's not that bad, but still.. i notice.

#5 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:53 AM

Yea this is my absolute #1 meme right now, ruined my 100% winrate in div 7 because it started throwing NA servers so PPCs just clip through the enemy mech 50% of the time Posted Image

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:04 PM

View PostI O O percent KongLord, on 15 May 2018 - 04:53 AM, said:

Yea this is my absolute #1 meme right now, ruined my 100% winrate in div 7 because it started throwing NA servers so PPCs just clip through the enemy mech 50% of the time Posted Image

No nearly half as bad as the 500+ ping piranha form australia.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users