Hpg Incursion Turrets

6 replies to this topic

#1 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

That combo doesn't come up very often but was there ever any further discussion about the 'virtually indestructible' Incursion turrets on the HPG walls? It always seemed like a low-blow. Not a lot of folks are going to be up there, sniping the base, and the ones that are aren't going to be major threats in ones or twos, and you get a notification if your base is under attack... was it literally just a blanket NO to that playstyle? Just curious. I remember the first time I played I was up there with a fellow unit member and we brought the turret to, like, 60% before we got toasted, lol

#2 BARN CAT

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

View Postmistlynx4life, on 09 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

That combo doesn't come up very often but was there ever any further discussion about the 'virtually indestructible' Incursion turrets on the HPG walls? It always seemed like a low-blow. Not a lot of folks are going to be up there, sniping the base, and the ones that are aren't going to be major threats in ones or twos, and you get a notification if your base is under attack... was it literally just a blanket NO to that playstyle? Just curious. I remember the first time I played I was up there with a fellow unit member and we brought the turret to, like, 60% before we got toasted, lol

Blanket NO?

Only for that mode, on that map. For that combo, they mentioned in some old patch notes that they don't want to make it too easy to peek-a-boo the base with impunity fro up there, or be able to hop in there without going through the "front door defenses.

Their solution was to make the turrets up there so incredibly nasty that it forces you go go through the funnel points because the tops of the walls become even more inaccessible than a sheer 2000-meter peak.

#3 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

"Blanket NO" meaning the tactic that you use on this map isn't valid for this mode, that's all I meant. Some 'mechs aren't designed for storming the front door and I guess it's easier to say "Don't worry about having to play defense, we'll just make it impossible for those folks", lol. No worries. I was out of touch for a while and haven't played that map/mode in a long while.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

You just kill all the turrets but only open one gate. If you can get your team to coordinate then a few jump jet equipped lights can sneak in and attack,gens etc,. This requires something most pugs do not have coordination.

#5 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

Wrong game mode, Spare. Mist is talking about Incursion, not Invasion.

In the most extreme case (or in FW, where you can change your mechs before a round starts), a team (or a large part of a team) could jump on the wall, run across, and unload on a base without having to worry about any kind of return fire.

to prevent this, almost invincible MPL turrets are placed on the top of the walls to murder anyone going up there.

Edited by AzureRathalos, 10 May 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#6 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Opps, reckon I read that wrong.

#7 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostAzureRathalos, on 10 May 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Wrong game mode, Spare. Mist is talking about Incursion, not Invasion.

In the most extreme case (or in FW, where you can change your mechs before a round starts), a team (or a large part of a team) could jump on the wall, run across, and unload on a base without having to worry about any kind of return fire.

to prevent this, almost invincible MPL turrets are placed on the top of the walls to murder anyone going up there.

I have only played FW stuff a handful of times but that makes 100% sense. Four waves of possible jumpers is an entirely different ball of wax and would absolutely not be cool. I hadn't thought of it like that - thanks for mentioning it! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users