Suggestions Shadow Hawk 2D2

11 replies to this topic

#1 Leandehr

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:41 AM

Hi I´m planning to make this build, for the SHD 2D2, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

SHD-2D2

Regards from Argentina Posted Image

Edited by Leantrioxin, 10 May 2018 - 06:42 AM.

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

If you want to run a mixed-build Shadow Hawk, something like this is not bad. I used to run a similar 2D (I think it had one more ML but otherwise similar).

It'd probably be more optimal to leave the arms empty, down-armour them quite a lot, and use the tonnage for more SRM4 launchers (since the 2D2 has lots of hardpoints).

I think I'd at least drop a half ton of AC/10 ammo and add a half ton for SRM's.

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

I don't think it will be that effective because your only option at long range is the AC/10 and the rest of your weapons are build for close-range brawl, but your XL engine will get you killed quickly in a brawl.

This one has an LFE280 so you can survive a side torso death. Two MRM10s can shoot close to the same range as the AC/10 so you can fire everything up to 400-500m or so without much damage loss assuming you hit.

SHD-2D2

The arms are stripped because the weapons are too heavy. The build above has a spare 2 tons so you can armor up 1 arm and put an ER ML if you really want or plug in an SRM2 in the head or Rocket Launcher 10 on head + CT.

This mech probably fits a brawler better with 4x SRM4, an AC/20 and a much smaller engine (LFE250), but it's not always easy to do Quick Play in a mech with short range.

#4 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

SHD-2D2

82kph with speed tweak.
Have fun.

Edited by CygnusX7, 16 May 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#5 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

I would run Splat and MLs or put in a Light engine, AC5, 2 MLs, and some SRMs. Then again I have never been able to do as well as I would like with the Shadow Hawks.

#6 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

I've been eyeing the Shadowhawk for my next mech, but I'm wondering:

Up until now, I've just played as a clan mech. Will the Shadowhawk not take an ECM? Is that just an omnipod perk of clan mechs that you can install ECM's?

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:40 PM

View Postrenzor51, on 12 December 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

I've been eyeing the Shadowhawk for my next mech, but I'm wondering:

Up until now, I've just played as a clan mech. Will the Shadowhawk not take an ECM? Is that just an omnipod perk of clan mechs that you can install ECM's?

Certain mechs can take ECM. Some clan mechs can take it, and if it's an Omni mech, than the Omnipod with ECM can be placed on any omnimech of the same chassis (AKA: Any variant of the Kit Fox can take the ECM arm pods.)

As all (current) IS mechs are Standard Battlemech (not Omnimechs), their hardpoints are all locked. If it says it has 4 missile hard points, than it only has four missile hard points even if another variant might have more/or less. IS mechs would have to have an ECM hardpoint to be able to take ECM, so many IS mechs do not have access to that equipment.

As far as I know, there are no Shadowhawks that have access to ECM. None of them have the hardpoints for it (to my knowledge).

As for the Shadowhawk, it's a tall medium mech. It's best strength are the high mounted shoulder weapon points, which are right at cockpit levels. This helps with being able to poke over an obstacle to shoot a target, while revealing as little of yourself as possible to get the shot off. it also can have good shield arms if you know how to use arms for spreading damage, as many of them don't exactly have many hardpoints in the arms.

#8 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:24 AM

The Shadowhawk can't equip ECM, that would push the chassis from being underwhelming (except in Solaris 7, where it wrecks face) to ridiculous thanks to its good shoulder hardpoint placement and slender frontal profile. I confess I don't know how good the Shadowhawk is anymore in QP. It used to be a wrecking ball a long time ago when it came out, but it seems to have lost its touch. I can't get good games with it anymore, which is a shame because once upon a time I had 33 kills in that thing and no deaths :P

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

View Postrenzor51, on 12 December 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Will the Shadowhawk not take an ECM?
There is no shadowhawk variant with ECM. If you want a similar mech with ECM, look at Griffin 2N and the various Thanatos and Hellspawn variants.

Is that just an omnipod perk of clan mechs that you can install ECM's?
No, it's a perk of having an ECM hardpoint. Most clan chassis can't mount ECM either.

#10 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:00 AM

In the current meta, the 2K and 2H has pretty strong builds

SHD-2K

SHD-2H

In the 2D2, I would probably do something like this

SHD-2D2

#11 Valpone

• PipPip
  • The Spider's Web
  • The Spider
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

I have a single shadow hawk, it’s set up for fun. It mounts a single heavy gauss and 2 ml with a few jjs. It either is amazing or terrible. But I really enjoy jumping out hitting an heavy in the back and bugging out. On hpg or canyon it’s really good. But yes it’s a troll build.

#12 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

This 4xSRM4+LB10X brawler 2D2 is probably my favourite mech ever: SHD-2D2

It is designed for brawling in Scouting and Solaris, but the ammo is sufficient to do well in Quick Play or as a mech in a Splat deck in Faction Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users