2 replies to this topic

#1 Killtec

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:51 AM

Hello everyone,

i have been with mwo since the beta, over a year ago i started with youtube, mainly Eve Online and Zelda BOTW. I now started to the vides on Solaris 7 fights with commentary at the end of each fight.

i would like to know your opinion and gather some feedback :)

you can find my latest vid here:

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

Good video i like that you show both wins and losses.

feedback:(all my view and i could be wrong wouldn't be the first time)

overview:

Seeing you're not in the top5 of players i would say you need to find a niche. I really liked your locust fight maybe you can do lot of videos with less used mechs fighting in different ways. Your elo might tank but it would make for good videos.

tech:
Game editing is good, videos are longer than they should be. Try making shorter videos relating to each other . "locust video,atm fighting video ect" Later if you can get youtube sponsor then make them right at 10 minutes.

End comments are a little echoing. Might need to change up the area or make some type of sound booth out of blankets or what not. (less of an issue its not that bad)
Bitrate is a little low or youtube killed it reencoding. If you upload to youtube in there recommended settings they will not reencode your video https://support.goog...r/1722171?hl=en

Fighting:
You did good twisting and moving. Biggest issue, you're sining by taking an xl . never run an xl in anything but a locust.

Watch your video how often did you use your mediums over 100m. Dont use them try spl

https://mwo.smurfy-n...c798adedc3efb0d idea of what to use on a bj. Just a basic idea needs tweaking as my laptop is too slow for smurfy .

Edited by Monkey Lover, 11 May 2018 - 12:13 PM.

#3 Killtec

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

thanks man those are all valid points! Posted Image

I will try to do shorter clips, maybe containing fights with a single mech throughout.
I also was thinking about doing normal rounds(Quick play) and do a style of killcam, deathcam.

so today i need to fine tune a lot Posted Image

oh and btw, with youtube sponsors you probably mean commercial and getting paid by youtube?
Because i am already getting paid by the commercials from youtube ;)

Edited by Killtec, 11 May 2018 - 10:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users