Hitreg Is On An All Time Low.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

I first thought this would only affect ppcs, but i tryed to go into solaris and tryed out other weapons.

Not a signle weapon works as intended for me.

here i managed to disarm someone and test the small lasers.
NO MOVEMENT involved!

Lets see if I can go through more mechs and different weapons.

#2 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Hi, I tried out the same thing BUT in the testing grounds. And almost all hits were properly registered(with some very small percentual mistakes but it is caused by calculating of all integer values sourced from structures and armour then converting it to percent number) so it looks the registration of hitting is basicly done well but just on theoretic basis. In my opinion there is problem with latencies. I do not know if it is problem either on server or client side but it happens for sure(when I play ERPPCs anywhere it is registered very badly. First of all try out in the training grounds aswell. I done it in Tourmaline Desert with several weapons(erppc/lasers, quick balistics) and checked the armour and structure values of examined mech(Atlas AS-7D) and all math was valid. There is just instanced content in the training ground so everything what is happening there is without any latency. It is "real time". So if you have problems there it must be caused with something else.

Many times it maybe caused with internal game geometry for colision purposes(it looks it is not LODed so sometimes the projectile or beam cannot pass the terrain-> you see an oponent from further distance(700-800 m just for an example)and shoot him but the projectile stops in front of him because game is showing you easier terrain geometry and your bullet hits the terrain's "hi resolution" version for close distances purpose).

And a top of it all for optimalisation purpose many terrain hit geometries do not match these you are able to see on the map.

To be honest I can't figure out how to "repair" all of this because this game is principially horribly net code hefty. When you imagige 24 clients(players) moving over the map with customised mech chassis and dozens of weapons/technologies on each mech and each weapon type is differently geometrically represented(for example tracing balistic bullet is extremmely dificult to evaluate during nonlinear movement of mech entities on the battlefield so everything must be a bit "predicted" and optimised).

I wonder that all of this is working :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users