Matcmaking Is Broken For Faction Play

65 replies to this topic

#1 neofightr

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

just finished the fastest faction match I have ever seen, less than 3 minutes.

A very organized single clan unit of 12, all in a single type mech proceeded to sprint to our based and wipe it out in under 3 minutes.

The devs need to monitor faction match stats to see if this could be a problem for their matchmaking formulas.

Thankfully the next match was more worth it for the random group. We only lost by 24 mechs.
Can't believe there isn't another large opposing unit in que to match up to this clan unit.

Edited by neofightr, 13 May 2018 - 06:22 PM.

#2 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

A very organized single clan unit of 12, all in a single type mech proceeded to sprint to our based and wipe it out in under 3 minutes.

The devs need to monitor faction match stats to see if this could be a problem for their matchmaking formulas.

Posted Image

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

Its not broken, it doesn't exist.

#4 neofightr

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 13 May 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Its not broken, it doesn't exist.

so basically we had a single unit of 12 in clone linebackers for 3 matches in a row vs a group of 12 solos in each of those matches playing tonight in faction mode.

Interesting. No wonder the mode gets a lot of hate.

#5 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

conversely, its super boring to be in a well coordinated team fighting a bunch of unorganized randos. If you want to give FP another go, find a group that takes pick up gamers with them and run with a group.

The whole joy of FP is running into other units and fighting the units. I almost wish solo drop players were locked out and it would be up to the units to round up a 12 man before punching ready. I wish we had the population for that.

#6 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 13 May 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I almost wish solo drop players were locked out and it would be up to the units to round up a 12 man before punching ready. I wish we had the population for that.

I dont. Take away my ability to challenge myself and id uninstall. And we had the population.......Had.

#7 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

so basically we had a single unit of 12 in clone linebackers for 3 matches in a row vs a group of 12 solos in each of those matches playing tonight in faction mode.

Happens.
It's like a militia has been hastily assembled to try and halt or at least delay the advance of an invasion force.

#8 neofightr

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

conversely, its super boring to be in a well coordinated team fighting a bunch of unorganized randos. If you want to give FP another go, find a group that takes pick up gamers with them and run with a group.

The whole joy of FP is running into other units and fighting the units. I almost wish solo drop players were locked out and it would be up to the units to round up a 12 man before punching ready. I wish we had the population for that.

I am ok with that provided QP allowed for 4 mech drop sessions else not interested in a unit right now. Only appeal for FP for me is the 4 mech drops.

#9 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:52 PM

I wish there was no such thing as a pug drop or pug team... that pugs could only queue up to fill smaller teams.

Also wish that when you have an 8 or 10 man going you could pick from a pool of pugs to fill up instead of it being random.

Too many folks queue up in hopes to get pug on pug matches which are garbage for the most part. When I was new I immediately saw the futility in that and looked to join a unit. Others have zero desire to learn, and less desire to play the mode as a team, and still want to be able to go do well in the mode....it's bordering insanity.

The looking for group queue is pretty useless too. People who are smart and want to have a shot at success will use TS to find groups as it is just easier to talk rather than type back and forth....

#10 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

I like dropping solo for the challenge of trying to fight the teams, or carry puggles. Hit a BCMC + 10D group (not premade, but still, 2 teams made up 90% of their guys) and took it as a personal challenge to try to break 2k damage. You can still have fun, you just gotta realize you're not going to win.

#11 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostGrayson Collins, on 13 May 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

You said it was a cheap win.
That drop cost us 156 million cbills.
That isin't cheap.

Depending on your goals, such as quickly tagging a planet or something, it can be worth it to bring base health to a sliver and then go for kills. Pugs often appreciate a bit of time on the field, even if they are well aware it is over.

Although at the same time, fighting a bunch of pugs can be pretty boring and sometimes we dunk it just to see if we can run into a unit.

If it was incursion though, that is just cancer to the mode because of how easy it is to kill out the base. Tried to get my guys to base rush them but they have a hard time not shooting robots. Think ccrider is to blame here.

If I could though, I would Linebacker or Assassin the mode every time. Now we have pretty much settled on if a team wants to rush on Incursion we will try and stop them, but don't care if we lose.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

How do you know the mode, apparently, gets a lot of hate.

Yet you don't know there is no matchmaker?

#13 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I am ok with that provided QP allowed for 4 mech drop sessions else not interested in a unit right now. Only appeal for FP for me is the 4 mech drops.

Jesus...

You dont see your hybris?

"provided QP allowed for 4 mech drop sessions"
"Only appeal for FP for me is the 4 mech drops."
"Can't believe there isn't another large opposing unit in que to match up to this clan unit. "

If everyone is thinking like you...nah 'cmon you can do better!

I believe in you that you will find the solution!

#14 Arcanoz

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:59 AM

Thankfully the next match was more worth it for the random group. We only lost by 24 mechs.
Can't believe there isn't another large opposing unit in que to match up to this clan unit.

They tried with us...they just smashed their faces on us..we did a decent bodyblock on one gen...and wiped all their linebakers waves..simply as that

#15 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

Faction play is the hardcore mode of this game, very light weight restrictions, organized teams, no weapon restrictions. Think of it like the hardest difficulty that the basic game has to offer. Are you ready for this will fully skilled mechs? Are you running meta builds that maximize weapons and armor? If the answer to that is NO than spend your time in Quick play unit you have enough mechs fully ready.

#16 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

1st, at least in this thread...

Posted Image

#17 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 13 May 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's clear: Take the blue pill and say everyone else is cheating!

#18 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

I'm guessing you didn't read the warning sign....

#19 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

View PostGrus, on 14 May 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

I'm guessing you didn't read the warning sign....

None of them do. To be fair, Neither did I Posted Image.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 14 May 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

None of them do. To be fair, Neither did I Posted Image.
should be a non skippable video saying "warning! Beyond these walls, there be giants! Prepare to have your **** pushed in..." or something along those lines, when you first sign up for FP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users